What's new

Digital HD Ultraviolet code - are they geoblocked ? (1 Viewer)

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
I just bought a BR from Amazon. It states it is for all regions.
Erin Brockovich ( universal studios )

Both on the back and inside it states that
you get a Digital HD Ultraviolet UV and also includes itunes
On the Front it only mentions the Digital HD Ultraviolet UV

When I attempt to redeem the code and add to my UV library,
it only offers the itunes. I sent a message to them at universal,
and they claim the UV is not available in my region ?

There is no mention anywhere inside or outside that this UV
code is geoblocked. Are HD codes really geoblocked ?

Last edited:

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
I have attached a photo of the back of the BR that I just purchased, and
It clearly states it is supposed to include a Digital HD Ultraviolet and I just
noticed it also says . " watch it anywhere "

Attachments

• erin_brockovich_UV.jpg
    erin_brockovich_UV.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 672

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
They are region restricted, yes.

What service are you trying to redeem it from? What country are you in?

It looks like from your pic that the Blu is Canadian - are you maybe trying to redeem at a U.S. provider?

"Geographic restrictions may prevent you from redeeming codes in a different country from where you originally bought the movie or TV show. You are receiving this message because you are not presently in the country for which the movie or TV show is available for redemption. Some codes are only redeemable in certain countries"

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yep. Whenever I import Blu-rays from another country that come with a digital download and I try to redeem the code it always tells me to eff off.

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
They are region restricted, yes.

What service are you trying to redeem it from? What country are you in?

It looks like from your pic that the Blu is Canadian - are you maybe trying to redeem at a U.S. provider?

"Geographic restrictions may prevent you from redeeming codes in a different country from where you originally bought the movie or TV show. You are receiving this message because you are not presently in the country for which the movie or TV show is available for redemption. Some codes are only redeemable in certain countries"

I bought the BR in Canada . I live in Canada . I bought the title from amazon . ca , from amazon not a reseller, I bought and received the next day. The page clearly states all regions.

Tried redeeming from the address in the card
from UniversalDigitalCopy .

When I attempt to redeem , it recognizes the title but when you press the redeem button the next page only offers the choice of itunes. Usually I see a left side of screen for the UV which choices ( universal or Flixster ) and the right side of the screen for only itunes.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I bought the BR in Canada . I live in Canada . I bought the title from amazon . ca , from amazon not a reseller, I bought and received the next day. The page clearly states all regions.

Tried redeeming from the address in the card
from UniversalDigitalCopy .

When I attempt to redeem , it recognizes the title but when you press the redeem button the next page only offers the choice of itunes. Usually I see a left side of screen for the UV which choices ( universal or Flixster ) and the right side of the screen for only itunes.

Personally, I never redeem through the studio anyway, but my UV retailer instead. Have you tried that?

Also, you could try going here - just make sure to click the link at the bottom, click the American flag, and change it to the Canadian flag...

https://www.myuv.com/redeem

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

The BD is what is region-free. The UV codes are never all-region. It's just another item in a long list of what's wrong with the Ultraviolet system.

While you purchased the disc in Canada, it is probably a U.S. pressed version of the title. Hence you are attempting to claim a U.S. code in Canada. If you Google "redeeming UV digital codes in Canada" you will find a few suggestions. Some of the answers are in another forum, so I do not want to post the actual links here.

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
The BD is what is region-free. The UV codes are never all-region. It's just another item in a long list of what's wrong with the Ultraviolet system.

Well I agree that it is one of many things wrong with the UV system. It states watch anywhere , which is not true.
They should be required to state clearly on the outside what country the UV code will work.

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
Personally, I never redeem through the studio anyway, but my UV retailer instead. Have you tried that?

Also, you could try going here - just make sure to click the link at the bottom, click the American flag, and change it to the Canadian flag...

https://www.myuv.com/redeem

I have often wondered where the best place to first try and redeem is ? I have usually gone with whatever was on the card inside the movie. Is that then the last place to try ? I had already tried the myuv.com however it said the code was invalid. I tried Flixster and it said the code was invalid, CinemaNow did not work either.

I did not adjust the flag at the bottom as I never noticed it. Will have to go through them all and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks