What's new

The LEGO Batman Movie (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
174538_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Although I didn't end up liking the movie, I did want to mention that the 3D quality in the movie often exceeded the 3D in the original "Lego Movie" - if you think this movie might be your cup of tea, I recommend the 3D version!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
$20 premium for 3D?!?!

It'll be 2D for me or wait for a holiday price drop.

It almost certainly won't be that on street date. In general, Warner BD3D titles usually street at $27.99 - $29.99.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
What's the point of pre-orders if you're getting ripped off? :blink:

With Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, you'll pay the lowest price between now and the end of the release date. This title will be priced between $27.99 and $29.99 at some point between now and then. So the pre-order price today is irrelevant. But pre-ordering now means you'll get the lowest price between now and the release date. Sometimes Amazon will price drop a pre-order to a lower than usual price for just a short window. By pre-ordering now, if that happens, you'll get that lower price, instead of having to monitor the site every moment of every day looking for the lowest price.

Bottom line, while I can't guarantee it, I would say that is extraordinarily unlikely that the $44.95 price currently being shown on the 3D version will be the price charged. Like every other new release Warner BD3D title, this will almost certainly be priced between $27.99 and $29.99 on street date, which means anyone who preorders it now will also get it at that lower price.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Josh,

Very well put.

That's why I don't worry about the price being advertised when I place my preorder.

....and, if the price doesn't drop (which it always does), I simply cancel a week before release date.

However, absolutely, putting in an early preorder means you take advantage of any price drop that occurs between now and release date.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok thanks. I pre-ordered for the first time last week: Dr. Strange from Target on sale. Until now, I've seen these too-high Amazon pre-order prices and just shook my head at the bad deals for buying early.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Depending on the studio and the format of the release (DVD, BD, BD3D) its become pretty easy to guess what the final prices on most Amazon preorders will be. Some of the boutiques are a little more unpredictable, but the pricing on major studio releases is pretty consistent.

The one time I canceled a preorder because someone had it cheaper, Amazon dropped it almost immediately after I canceled. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks