What's new

help with new open wall home theater for surround sound (1 Viewer)

mattsonelist

Auditioning
Real Name
matt
hey guys. any help would be appreciated

i am building a dedicated home theater in my basment walls and ceiling are open now

i need help with the surround sound end of things since i am new to that.

room size - 13x22 w 8 ft ceilings
main seating area will be one row with about 5 feet space behind it to the wall
70" 4k tv with up to 135" pulldown screen built in ceiling bay for use with benq2050 projector
main use for immersive movie watching and less importnat for game play. will not be used to casual music listening.
i ran 4k hdmi cables in wall to keep up with technology in the future.

i also bought 14 guage in wall speaker wire for the surround sound.

budget for sound system speakers and receiver is 2k. of course under that is preferable but i do want a great experience.

currently i was looking at
speakers- pioneer sp -pk52fs
and
receiver- denon avr s920w (2 hdmi out for projector and tv)

should i go 5.1 5.2 or 7.1 7.2 with those room dimentions and setup.?
what speakers / receiver do u reccomend
are there any other recomendations?

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
I'd pull wire for a 7.x.4 setup. Wire is cheap and you will be ready to upgrade to Atmos when your budget allows. Since the S920W doesn't do Atmos you might want to consider the X1300W which is just a little bit more money.

mattsonelist

Auditioning
Real Name
matt
thank you for the reply. i finished framing and the rough electrical and decided to go with an atmos setup. i was going to go with 5.1.4 with the avr x 4300H. if i ran wire for the whole 7.1.4 setup could i expand to that with the 4300h by using a amplifier for the last 2 speakers? or do i have to upgrade to an 11 channel receiver?

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
From the Denon site:

Discover a whole new world of thrilling 3D surround sound with the Denon AVR-X4300H Network AV receiver, a premium 9.2-channel home theater receiver with discrete, identical amplifiers on each channel and 11.2 channel processing capability for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, plus optional Auro 3D.

So the X4300H will be just the ticket for your setup.

mattsonelist

Auditioning
Real Name
matt
thank you very much. since i am so new to this i was unable to understand what that means. i will wire for a whole 7.1.4 setup and just upgrade when i can..!! very helpfull

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
To do 7.1.4 with the X4300H you'll need to add a 2-channel amp for the additional 2 speakers. You will be able to do 7.1.2 with the internal amps which might be all you'll need or want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks