What's new

Which is better Denon X6300H or Onkyo RZ3100? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm thinking of upgrading my HT receiver and it's between the Onkyo RZ3100 versus the Denon X6300H. The latter is significantly cheaper and on the surface appears to be equal or even better than the Onkyo. Anybody have any insight to either of these two receivers?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I bought the Onkyo (accessories4less.com refurb) a few months back. I'm doing 11.1 (7.1.4) in the main system. If I saw a deal on the Denon, I might have grabbed it first. I tried a Marantz 6011 refurb but returned it the next day. Had excessive hum, especially from the side surrounds which was annoying. It is my understanding that the Onkyo 1100 is pretty much the same thing less the two extra amps. Even though I have amps for the front 3 channels (a stereo one and a monoblock), after going through the process of re-assignment of the amps in the Marantz 6011 (which was required for me to do 11 channels, I was a little concerned with the assigning of amps and decided that at the end of the day, if I ever upgrade again, I'll find a use for the old receiver (I pretty much buy refurbs and when done with it rotate it somewhere else). About a year back, I bought a Marantz 5010 for a back-up system and have no complaints (5.1.2)
Main Sys4 Feb 2017 Reduced.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks