What's new

RIP, Bill Paxton (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sad news. He was in so many films that I enjoy. Just a few off the top of my head:
  • Terminator
  • Weird Science
  • Aliens
  • Tombstone
  • Apollo 13

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. Was a long-time fan of this folksy actor. SO memorable in Aliens and made a fine leading man in Twister.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Noooooo! Bill Paxton? Really?!?!?!? I love this guy, and he was only 61! We'll miss you Bill!! Numerous news outlets are reporting that a family spokesperson has issued a statement saying that the cause of death was "complications from surgery":

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

I really hope that 2017 isn't a repeat of last year.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Very sorry and surprised to hear of Bill Paxton's passing - great memorable roles.Deepest condolences to his family, friends and fans.

RIP Hudson - "Game over man".

Regards,

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
To riff on a scene from the film, Paxton played Hudson. This is Hicks:

latest

;)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Unbelievable. One of my favs. Will be sorely missed. May he RIP and sincerest sympathies to his family.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Man, I loved that guy. Whether it was small parts or big, he was wonderful in The Terminator, Weird Science, Aliens, Near Dark, Tombstone, True Lies, Apollo 13, A Simple Plan, Titanic, Frailty, Edge Of Tomorrow, Nightcrawler, etc. I'm sure everyone here has seen most of those but if you haven't seen Nightcrawler (a small role but a great movie) or Frailty (his directorial debut), go see them now.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Apparently he had heart surgery, then had complications post-op which lead to a stroke.

RIP

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was shocked to read this because I wasn't aware he was 61. I've always thought of him as much younger. To my knowledge he hadn't played any really "old" roles. Edge of Tomorrow, a recent movie, he plays a senior combat marine.

This is terrible. Goodbye Bill.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
RIP Bill. This is terrible news.
"That's great, let's put her in charge."
"What are we really talking about? P.... The Vette gets em wet."
Some of the best humorous one liners of our generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks