What's new

Help with a 5.1.4 and offset ceiling locations (1 Viewer)

PearlJamFan

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Hi there, first time post for me, but I have read hundreds.

Recently moved into a new house that had the ceiling speakers pre-wired in the ceiling for 6. I will only be using 4 of the mounts. My question is the placement of the ceiling speakers. You can see by the photo below that the left hand side is offset from where the center of the TV will be. I will be placing 2 RP-280F speakers on each end of the media niche with a 12S sub. I will be using these with a Yamaha A2060 that has YPAO, 2 rear Klipsch Synergy S20 and a Klipsch RP-450C center.

So will the Yamaha YPAO compensate for the difference in the offset of the left hand side ceiling units to what will be the center viewing area?

The holes for the gang box were already there in the ceiling. I could probably cut new holes for the speakers but then I still have the blanking plates sitting there.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• HT_Front.jpg
    HT_Front.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 134
  • HT_rear.jpg
    HT_rear.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 71

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi Bill,

YPAO will do its best to compensate and will certainly help, though it won't be perfect. In most listening situations, you won't be that aware of the offset and should be very happy.

If you have a highly critical ear and it bothers you, then you could evaluate relocating the speaker, which isn't terribly difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks