What's new

Is Apple on the verge of its own battery crisis? (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Guaranteed they find out it was a 3rd party chinese charger or replacement battery.

According to the guy that wrote the post (I was curious so I asked) it is the original Apple battery and he only used genuine Apple chargers. Neither Apple or a 3rd party had ever serviced the machine prior to the BBQ.

-Keith

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
2015 machine -- how many other reports have there been concerning Apple in the 2 years this model has been out?
Possibly a one off really bad event, maybe one of many though I've not read a many reports.

He sounds like someone who is used to laptops, but anytime I hear people using laptops on a bed I wonder if it sat on a soft surface blocking ventilation and causing the overheating -- not sure of the airflow in/out on MBP though

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Guaranteed they find out it was a 3rd party chinese charger or replacement battery.

In the comments, the author claims that it was the original battery, that he had used all Apple brand chargers, and that the machine had never been serviced.

Keep in mind that nobody is going to install a replacement battery in a rMBP unless the original one is nearing end of life or is defective. This laptop was old enough that a grossly defective battery would probably have revealed itself during the warranty period – but not old enough that the battery should have been nearing end of life. Couple that with the author's post, and it seems very likely that the laptop was still using its original battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks