What's new

2017 TV Shootout Evaluation event will be in NYC, July 12 and July 13, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We're holding our 2017 TV Shootout TM evaluation event in conjunction with CE Week NY on 7/12 - 13, 2017.

Joel Silver of ISF and Kevin Miller of ISF TV will be running the event this year along with Matt and Jeff Murray of AV Pro Store.

Joel and Kevin made a significant change to the event this year. They are inviting a top professional team of judges as the panel of experts to vote on the attributes of picture quality to determine "Who makes the world's best TV?" So the evaluation event will be judged by professional colorists, contrast graders, and video engineers.

Another change this year is my personal VIP invite list gets full access to the CE Week show floor, the private press room, special access to all private press events before the show opens to the public, the TV Shootout event and all of CE Week's full calendar of special events all at no charge. Value Electronics invited guests will be pre-registered and issued an all access badge.

Members of HTF can email me at [email protected] to be included in our exclusive VIP advance registration.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Yes, we award the winner an authentic Oscar trophy with our personalized engraving.

And the winner is...

tn_1200_d2a6196162075a503ebfc54c729f295e.jpg.png

From our award presentation at LG's CEDIA 2016 press conference.

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Hello everyone,

I will be one of the judges at this event working with my old friends Joel and Kevin. It will be great to meet up with all of you at the event to see some of the best flat panel displays to date! I will probably be walking away from the contest with a new display purchase. :)

We will be using the following devices to take measurements:
* CR-250
* CS-200
* CS-2000a
* Jeti SpecBos
* K-10

We are hoping that Stacy Spears will impress us and have a 4K BD test disc and that CalMan will be out for better representation of the delta of the displays!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I still have about 40 unclaimed VIP all access passes to CE Week and our TV Shootout. Hope to have HTF take advantage of these free badges.

Anyone wanting to join us and have full access to all CE Week NY actives and events just drop me an email.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Tough decision between the A1E and C7. I am looking to buy something from robert soon but I can't make up my mind...

I do like the fact the sony has better motion and video processing, but I think the LG tone mapping may be better to my tastes...

Plus there is a LARGE price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks