Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

September Storm 3D Blu-ray Review

sseptstormtop-1024x741.jpg

September Storm may not qualify as one of the great 3D adventures, but it’s a pleasure to welcome this beautifully restored 3D film back among its three dimensional siblings.

[review]
Read more.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Thankfully KINO have not limited this 3D gem to region A only and we really enjoyed it.

Also included the legendary 1953 British 3D variety musical HARMONY LANE featuring some nice British style hoofing and turns including Max Bygraves also stood next to the forerunner of the analogue synthesiser which coincidentally I own here. Worked with Max way back and it was nice to see this particularly in 3D along with the Synth. You just couldn't write it!

A wonderful job bringing this to 3D and so many thanks to all involved. 10/10

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thankfully KINO have not limited this 3D gem to region A only and we really enjoyed it.

For what it's worth, Kino did not choose to limit any of their other titles to region A out of spite or maliciousness. Kino is a licensee that gets distribution rights from the studio. For certain titles, the studio does not make international rights available, and requires that Kino region lock the discs. I understand the frustration, but the blame belongs with the entity who owns the title, not the label releasing the disc.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating - for collectors of 3D movies and other niche titles, a region-free modded Blu-ray player is one of the best investments you can make. It's possible to get them for under $200; one doesn't have to buy a $500 Oppo player to go region free. Though the vast majority of discs I own are from the region I live in, some of the most important titles in my collection are from other regions. With support for 3D on disc declining, and disc releases declining overall, there's a lot of stuff coming out in different territories that aren't getting equal worldwide releases. The only way I know to have access to all of the titles I want is being region-free.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For what it's worth, Kino did not choose to limit any of their other titles to region A out of spite or maliciousness. Kino is a licensee that gets distribution rights from the studio. For certain titles, the studio does not make international rights available, and requires that Kino region lock the discs. I understand the frustration, but the blame belongs with the entity who owns the title, not the label releasing the disc.

What I don't get is that these studios must be fully cognizant of our ability to purchase inexpensive region-free players, and can often acquire European editions of the their releases for less than what they would cost in the U.S. I have spent -- and will continue to spend -- a lot of money buying titles from other regions, none of which is going to profit domestic distributors. I continue to view this region-locked bullshit as exactly that.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I just think it limits sales which is working against the owner every time they install it to a retail disc, just my modest view.

September Storm.. What a superb job one and all!

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I watched September Storm tonight. I had not watched it before, even though I purchased it when it first came out, because the projector I use with my CinemaScope screen is not 3-D. I finally went ahead and watched it on my 16x9 screen and was very impressed with the color and the outstanding depth. It is now one of my favorite 3-D films for depth. Great job 3-D Archive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks