Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Lifeboat Blu-ray Review

lifeboattop-1024x766.jpg

Filled with a sparkling cast of actors representing every possible strata of society beset by a seemingly insurmountable problem, Alfred Hitchcock's Lifeboat offers the pure pleasure of watching a master director at work.

[review]
Read more.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
My grandmother told me when I was a youngster that we were related to Tullullah Bankand, after I had expressed interest in seeing Die Die My Darling. She pulled out the family bible tree and showed me the limbs that put her in the distant Aunt category. I asked what she was like. My grandmother looked and said, "well she gave poor William (Senator Bankhead) fits and sleepless nights". And my grandmother never spoke of her again and refused to take me to see Die Die My Darling.

Of course that just peaked my interest and I was a fan ever since.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My grandmother told me when I was a youngster that we were related to Tullullah Bankand, after I had expressed interest in seeing Die Die My Darling. She pulled out the family bible tree and showed me the limbs that put her in the distant Aunt category. I asked what she was like. My grandmother looked and said, "well she gave poor William (Senator Bankhead) fits and sleepless nights". And my grandmother never spoke of her again and refused to take me to see Die Die My Darling.

Of course that just peaked my interest and I was a fan ever since.
I remember watching one of my favorite telly programs as a kid
605e807c44d11abda4804ea0a557e3f6.jpg

My grandmother said "Tallulah Bankhead ... I didn't even know she was still alive" ... :cool:

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Tallulah got pneumonia twice making this film. Antibiotics were very new in that period and I assume she had them or that might have been the end.

I think Fox lost all elements to the first reel of the film which may account for the poor review of the surviving quality in this Blu Ray. The film came out on a dual Blu Ray/DVD in UK during April 2012 and has a low price compared to the original release price(under ten pounds).

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
One of the chestnuts of Hollywood film music is Alfred Hitchcock opining that the presence of music in this film would leave audiences wondering where an orchestra was coming from out there on the ocean.

Allegedly, the composer (Hugo Friedhofer) replied: "The orchestra comes from the same place as the cameras".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks