What's new

Home audio (1 Viewer)

pleasehelpmeaudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Vincent Valdez
I recently bought a record player and was looking at speakers for the player but was possibly wanting to plug my tv up to the speakers as well.

Here is the record player - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...ord+player&dpPl=1&dpID=41r7Qsa8SUL&ref=plSrch

Here are the speakers I was looking at - https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016...f+speakers&dpPl=1&dpID=41JdMdErl7L&ref=plSrch

And here are the inputs on my tv- View media item 3883
Is this possible to plug my record player and tv to the speakers and how should I do this if it is possible? Do I need a converter box?

I know this doesn't qualify as "home theater" but I just thought any speakers would be better than what is coming out of my tv.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Vincent welcome to the forum :welcome:

Let me see if I can point you in the right direction.

Is this possible to plug my record player and tv to the speakers and how should I do this if it is possible? Do I need a converter box?
If you get a set of powered speakers then yes you can. The one that you linked are powered so they could work. The speakers do have a volume control remote so that's also a plus but what I don't know is the outputs form you TV. The link is bad so you'll want to make sure that it has analog audio outputs.

While you could get this all to work, assuming the TV has the correct outputs I would consider going with an AVR and speakers. Why you ask well you would already be maxing out the inputs of the speakers with the two sources you have. This is not taking into account the lack of digital sources. If you were to upgrade the TV and it only has an optical out you would then be forced to get a converter to make it work. While costing more money an AVR will give you more inputs, video switching, and the flexibility to change out the speakers. You can also add in a sub very easily and you'll have room correction and bass management with an AVR. You'll need around $200 for a refurb AVR and at around another $100 or so for speakers. However, this gives you the basis to build around/upgrade in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks