HTF News Editor
Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Scott Hart
Scott Hart

XBox One Will Soon Have Full Atmos Support

xbox1dolbyatmos.jpg

Do you use a gaming system in your home theater? Would you? Why, or why not? I’ve been an Xbox guy from the start, and I currently only use my system to play Forza, I wouldn’t be against using it for all things it’s capable of.

At present, the Xbox One features Dolby Atmos audio, but only when using its Blu-ray player.

However, Microsoft has previously promised that full support is coming to Xbox One gaming this year – and Windows 10, for that matter – and it appears to be making progress.

The latest Alpha ring release notes reveal:

"The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect."

The update – which is build number 15063 – also features a handful of bug fixes, but not as many as previous builds, leading some to speculate that it's actually Microsoft's RTM candidate ahead of the Creators Update release this spring.

If you're in the Alpha ring, you can find build 15063 by navigating to Settings > System > Updates, but note that as Microsoft says in its release note, the new Dolby Atmos support isn't quite ready for public testing yet.

Still, it's always worth having the latest patches, and you'll likely be front of the queue when Atmos support does goes live, so check it out today.
Read more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks