Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Title: Tomb Raider (2018)

Tagline: Her legend begins

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Roar Uthaug

Cast: Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Daniel Wu, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hannah John-Kamen, Derek Jacobi, Antonio Aakeel, Michael Obiora, Keenan Arrison, Milton Schorr, Josef Altin, Billy Postlethwaite, Emily Carey, Alexandre Willaume, Duncan Airlie James, Roger Jean Nsengiyumva, Sarah Sayuri Hare, Maisy De Freitas, Shekhar Varma, Rekha John-Cheriyan, Jaime Winstone, Nick Frost

Release: 2018-03-05

Runtime: 118

Plot: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.

The reboot production has posted the first pics of star Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft...

alicia-vikander-as-lara-croft-tomb-raider-02.jpg

alicia-vikander-as-lara-croft-tomb-raider-01.jpg

More info here:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/tomb-raider-alicia-vikander-lara-croft-photos-1202017035/

Last edited by a moderator:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Pretty cute/hot, still doesn't make me want to see this "reboot". The first one was enough for me.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
if this is following the new tomb raider, and done correctly, this should be hard PG-13 to R, great story and gameplay, just hope the movie lives up to the game and story. the sequel game would be prepped for a sequel movie. But from the pictures it appears to be spot on.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
if this is following the new tomb raider, and done correctly, this should be hard PG-13 to R, great story and gameplay, just hope the movie lives up to the game and story. the sequel game would be prepped for a sequel movie. But from the pictures it appears to be spot on.

It'll definitely be PG-13. But that's fine. The 2013 reboot game has a good basic story that hinges on her relationship with her now deceased father while having a fun/dangerous adventure. If the movie can capture the basic essence of that game's story without being bogged down by camp I think it could be fairly good.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
It'll definitely be PG-13. But that's fine. The 2013 reboot game has a good basic story that hinges on her relationship with her now deceased father while having a fun/dangerous adventure. If the movie can capture the basic essence of that game's story without being bogged down by camp I think it could be fairly good.

but then i am comparing it to the game its self which is rated M, that is where i was going with it, there are some graphic moments, maybe WB will do the whole Unrated cut when its released on disc?

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
The game gets most of its graphic moments from failure cut scenes when Laura dies (and the game also has M rating language). So no need to include those in the movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks good in the trailer. Here's hoping they can make her character one the audience cares about and have more to the story than just running and jumping.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I watched that trailer last night and now I'm very interested in it. I'm a big fan of Alicia!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Quite a leap on that girl...

Looks like they'll be incorporating bits of the story of the 2013 video game, but not doing a straight re-telling of it. Sounds like a good plan.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Looks like Indiana Jones in modern times. It might work even better than an old Indy.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Alicia looks great, but that trailer didn't do much of anything for me. Seems to be nothing more than formulaic paint-by-numbers CGI action dreck riddled with groaner one-liners. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
She put in a lot of training for this role. She looks buff like Linda Hamilton did for Terminator 2.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
thats what i don't get, a lot said she looks to thin and waifish, because she is not AJ; Seriously, the woman i saw in that becoming video looks like she could kick a lot of "guys" asses and they are just afraid to admit it. Makes me want to blow the dust of the PS3 and play the game a little this weekend! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
thats what i don't get, a lot said she looks to thin and waifish, because she is not AJ; Seriously, the woman i saw in that becoming video looks like she could kick a lot of "guys" asses and they are just afraid to admit it. Makes me want to blow the dust of the PS3 and play the game a little this weekend! :D
People need to watch that video at the 2 minute mark and tell me she is too thin. Her upper arms and shoulders tells you all you need to know. She trained to be a ballerina early in her life, I say she has a lot of strength in that medium height frame.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks