What's new

Just bought a new Soundbar...EEEK!!! (1 Viewer)

WilliamHg

Stunt Coordinator
Had a Philips HTL3110B 2.1 Soundbar with subwoofer and was very happy with it...served my needs for a small apartment. Have been wanting to get a little more immersed with surround sound without all the speakers and picked up the Vizio SB3851-D0 5.1 system with 2 rear speakers this morning...got it hooked up directly to my Sony Bluray Player via Optical Coax...I don't watch much TV...not enough to need anymore sound than the TV speakers which also gives me less problems dealing with connections and all. I'm old school...not into texting, smart phones, streaming, etc....a little out of the loop but nothing I can't live with...for now.

Anyway everything hooked up easy and instantly noticed the difference from 2.1...I'm in the middle of it now....absolutely love the depth and immersion. Seems like it would make bad movies good...maybe...at least better. Now I can re-watch all my Blurays again in surround instead of stereo. I've had surround systems in the past but down-graded but now that I've moved I can handle little more and this soundbar setup with 2 rear speakers really does it for me.

I'll update this in a month or two...I'm posting now because I'm excited...I'm telling everybody but it's not really a review...can't really say much because I haven' had it long enough...could blow apart tomorrow. I can say it's good for sitting 6-12 feet away from...sound seems to be good and enough bass for me...I don't crank the sound up very much anyway. For me it's almost new experience...again.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
That's the way I felt when I got my first real "surround sound" set up for my first apartment way back in the day. Yep, makes ya want to watch more movies and even TV just to hear all the new sounds.

Have fun!

:)

ohiograd06

Grip
Real Name
Shawn
I can relate. I just got my first soundbar. We had been using plain old TV speakers. It's interesting in music and even news commentary how much more you hear. Like the other day was watching the news and they had a reporter with the white house in the background. You could actually hear the birds singing in the trees etc. Compared to TV speakers where you may have heard wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks