What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ 36 Hours -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
George Seaton's 36 Hours, has been a favorite of mine since it was released in 1964. It is based upon the short story, Beware the Dog, by Roald Dahl.

The film is essentially a thriller / fantasy, that hinges upon the tiniest detail.

The less said in that regard, the better. But those unfamiliar, and fans of M. Night Shyamalan's work, may become new fans of Mr. Seaton's work.

Warner Archive's new Blu-ray is a magnificent representation of Philip Lathrop's beautiful black & white cinematography.

A terrific piece of entertainment with James Garner, Eva Marie Saint and Rod Taylor in the leads, that is pure home theater reference material.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm delighted - but not really surprised - that this disc is so good. I've always enjoyed the film so I look forward to upgrading from the DVD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Wonderful movie I return to often, but for first-time viewers, it tips its hand too early, and that is my sole complaint. The actors are all wonderful. Rod Taylor is terrific.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
[deleted by author - accidental post]

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
How so? I watched it last night for the first time and didn't notice anything amiss.

To respond to your question I would be providing a huge spoiler. I think the suspense of the film could have been extended much longer, is all.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
To respond to your question I would be providing a huge spoiler. I think the suspense of the film could have been extended much longer, is all.

Rick, my apologies, I thought I was posting in a different thread. I have not seen this particular film yet.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Warner Archive's new Blu-ray is a magnificent representation of Philip Lathrop's beautiful black & white cinematography.
First it was "Finian's Rainbow" and now we have "36 Hours".
It's been a great month for Philip Lathrop, courtesy of WAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks