What's new

Getting 5.1 audio from an old Home Theater System (1 Viewer)

DeadEnd

Auditioning
Real Name
Shayan
Hey guys, so I have this old home theater, Samsung HT-TX 25 Home Theater, it doesn't support Audio Optical nor HDMI connections. But my main argue is that it does support DTS and Dolby Digital (and it hast a dolby pro logic 2 mod too which is not my concern here). The only input connections are the old RCA analogue connections which i can't get any kind of surround sound. Now, i don't want any kind of video, i'm gonna connect my laptop to the T.V. via HDMI. I only want the sound of the movie to be 5.1 (and i have all of the audio formats, DTS, DD, AAC and all of them 5.1). So even if i can get the audio separated from the movie itself, i can sync my movie in the laptop with the idea no problem. The point is how can i get the surround audio? The system support USB and DVD, i attached a file about the supported usb files in the manual. I tried converting one movie to a suitable format, from MKV to .AVI Xvid. My home theater could read the video, but it couldn't read the audio. The movie's source audio was AC3 (which my system should support) 5.1 with correct sampling frequencies and bitrates. I converted it to Xvid with Freemake Video Converter, but my system didn't read the audio, therefore, the movie didn't have any kind of audio, which was what i wanted. So what are the other ways for me to get a surround audio? How can i get it? I don't know anything about DVD format or it's conversion.
And by the way, can i use my speakers with another system? I mean, do all these kind of system use the same port for speakers so that i can keep my speakers and just buy a stock system?

Attachments

• WMV.jpg
    WMV.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 107

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
In order to get 5.1 surround from your set up, your computer will have to be able to send an encoded 5.1 signal from its USB, and your Samsung’s USB will have to be able to decode a 5.1 signal. It appears from your screenshot that the latter is possible, so if it doesn’t work the issue will be with the computer.

And by the way, can i use my speakers with another system?
Only if they are at least 6 ohms impedance. However, most HTIB speakers seem to be 3-ohms. You can measure them with a volt-ohm meter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DeadEnd

Auditioning
Real Name
Shayan
In order to get 5.1 surround from your set up, your computer will have to be able to send an encoded 5.1 signal from its USB, and your Samsung’s USB will have to be able to decode a 5.1 signal. It appears from your screenshot that the latter is possible, so if it doesn’t work the issue will be with the computer.

Only if they are at least 6 ohms impedance. However, most HTIB speakers seem to be 3-ohms. You can measure them with a volt-ohm meter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I used USB Flash Drive, and I converted the movie into .avi Xvid which my AV receiver supports, but there were some problems with the sound i couldn't make head nor tale of it. So if the issue is with my computer (i think you meant the flash drive i used with my converted video), how can I convert a movie to just change its video format and keep the audio the same as before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks