What's new

Sound negotiation to receiver? (1 Viewer)

guitaristanime

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Hi

I'm after a bit of advice, I've been using a Windows 10 PC for ages with my 50" Panasonic plasma and Pioneer VSX-527. All linked up by HDMI, no problems.

I recently acquired another PC which I'd prefer to use. I've had issues though when sound is played, it cuts in and out. Normally once the HDMI connection is negotiated when the TV is turned on, the sound will play perfectly.

The issue is easily replicated by clicking the volume slider in the systray in windows to make the ding sound, if you keep clicking it, it will play the odd bit of sound. If I play a video on youtube for example, the sound will cut in after 2 seconds of the video starting and will be slightly delayed so lip sync is off.

I'm not really sure where to start looking at this, there's many differences with this new PC than the old one, for example the HDMI connection is on an old but dedicated graphics card which is an ASUS Radeon HD 5450 instead of the onboard one on my previous PC which is provided by the Intel chipset...

Not really sure where to start looking but I'm guessing it's the AMD card or software maybe. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks