What's new

Routing/hiding speaker wires. (1 Viewer)

Jeeves

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Vesso
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to hide speaker wires to prevent tripping hazards...
The wires to surround speakers are mostly in question...

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My speaker wire leaves the receiver or amps (depending on which speaker), enters the wall, goes up the wall and through the attic finally going down the appropriate wall and connecting to a wall plate jack.

Can everyone run speaker wire through the walls and ceiling? No. You can remove your baseboards and run wire behind them. You can buy wire channels that attach to walls and baseboards. People even run them under carpet or rugs.

Your question is way to general to give specific advice.

Jeeves

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Vesso
My speaker wire leaves the receiver or amps (depending on which speaker), enters the wall, goes up the wall and through the attic finally going down the appropriate wall and connecting to a wall plate jack.

Can everyone run speaker wire through the walls and ceiling? No. You can remove your baseboards and run wire behind them. You can buy wire channels that attach to walls and baseboards. People even run them under carpet or rugs.

Your question is way to general to give specific advice.

Jeeves

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Vesso
Thanks Robert
You succinctly answered my question with your wire channel response. Not exactly an elegant solution, but it would work.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I have wire channels running along the tops of my baseboards and it looks like part of the baseboard.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I looked at the owner's manual. 2x30w into 4 ohms. That's good for some people but definitely not everyone. Plus they don't make that information easy to find.
Never said it was a solution for everyone, friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks