What's new

Seven Days In May (1964) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
42428_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
This is one of those films I went to the theater to see as a kid on its first release, and loved it, even though there's no question that much of the actual story must have flown completely over my head. But even then, I loved that kind of tense atmosphere and cinematography, and sometimes those early impressions make returning to these as an adult all the more satisfying.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
This is a film I am unfamiliar with, but all the praise it's been getting in the other thread has really peaked my interest. I'm just waiting for the price to drop before placing an order.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ditto. Also waiting for "Fail-Safe". There were several dark, memorable topical thrillers from the mid-60s.

I'm curious about what sorts of "dark, memorable topical thrillers" will be made about more contemporary times, but SEVEN DAYS IN MAY is a taught and powerful film with nothing but superb writing, performances, direction and music, which above all else served in 1964 as a huge cautionary story. Back then, people might actually have paid some attention to its warnings. Today? Dunno. Not enough cautionary movies these days except ecological ones, probably because there aren't enough paying patrons (i.e. people who employ critical thinking) to support them.

Last edited:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ordered through link above.

This one of those rare movies that I can watch and never get tired of any of the scenes. There are only a handful of movies I can make that claim about.

Wish the 17 minute soundtrack was available for under $50.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
No signs that Amazon is shipping my copy in time for arrival on release day. I suppose I was hoping for too much given its WA.

Edit: I just got an email from Amazon saying the arrival date is May 4.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
No signs that Amazon is shipping my copy in time for arrival on release day. I suppose I was hoping for too much given its WA.

Edit: I just got an email from Amazon saying the arrival date is May 4.
Mine is still Pre-Ordered. No indication when it will ship. Did it sell out? I only preordered on 4/24.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My Amazon tracking says shipping May 4th for a May 8th delivery.
So much for my Prime Delivery.

Panavision70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick Notch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks