What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 4-25-2017

WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features

full

– La La Land – 2016

full

– Rumble Fish – 1983

full

– Underworld: Blood Wars – 2016

Read more.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The big day is arriving for the fans of La La Land!

I've got the 4k release on its way to me from Amazon...but am thinking about an unheard of (for me) release day double-dip by also picking up the Target exclusive with a bonus disc of 30 minutes of extra content.

Safe shopping, everyone! And enjoy another day of sun! :D

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, pardner!
I've got Daredevils of the Red Circle and Mifune: The Last Samurai coming my way from Amazon, and picked up Papa’s Delicate Condition (and a lot more!) from the Kino Spring Sale.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work as always, Mike. Since 4K is not an issue for me at the moment, I pre-ordered the Target exclusive La La Land when it was first announced, and my preorder is already n the mail to me from Target.com. Nothing else for me this week, but La La Land is more than enough.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had requested some of this week's releases to review but none of them have been forthcoming. Will certainly be adding La La Land 4K to my collection.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Best Buy or Target for La La Land? Don't have any details about which has better extras. Thanks for any info.

Some fun Shout! Factory titles in there, as well. I Bury the Living with Richard Boone. Remember being creeped out by that on TV many many years ago.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
As talked about above Target has the bonus disc with 30 min of exclusive extras. Best Buy has a steelbook and there is no premium for it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing on the calendar for this week. I almost bit on a lot of TV @ BB last week, but I didn't. Too many other things are taking priority for us.

Thanks Mike!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I agree that the La La Land steelbook cover is not great, which is why I'm not concerned about getting it, but steelbooks often have great artwork (Moana, for example, which I like much better than the standard artwork.) It all depends on what the studio decides to go with for each individual release.

I'm sure the digital HD code is in there. There is no benefit to the studio excluding it. I'm sure that it's exactly like the regular edition, only in the steelbook case. I'll be happy with the Target one, I'm sure. Extra content almost always beats fancy packaging for me.

Oh, and even though it's not a movie, it's movie-related so...Marvel fans might want to note that the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 2 soundtrack is being released on physical CD this coming Friday after a digital release last week. I've got that coming to me from Amazon as I am happy to note that the current Amazon-DIsney feud does not extend to CDs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XW4SNMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, here's the Target Exclusive:

I was at my local Target when the doors opened at 8am. There were NO copies with the bonus content sticker near the front registers. I had to go to the media section where there was only one to be found.

full

full

The content in the red strip on the back cover
Is Target's exclusive content.

Attachments

• IMG_9169.JPG
    IMG_9169.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_9167.JPG
    IMG_9167.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Your difficulty finding the exclusive in-store make me glad I pre-ordered it online, even if have to wait a couple extra days for delivery.

Is that a keepcase or a digipack? Hard to tell from the picture. And is there an actual disc holder for the third disc, or is it just in a sleeve? Thanks, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering if my closest Target just hadn't opened all their boxes and stocked their shelves with all of their EXCLUSIVES...or maybe my store just didn't get a lot of copies...or that maybe there weren't all that many copies for all Target stores?

Anyone else have any trouble finding one of these?

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks