What's new

Olivia de Havilland's lost later films (1 Viewer)

M90GM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JUSTIN
Proud Rebel is in the public domain but where is the Ambassador's Daughter with John Forsythe? A United Artists film, in Cinemascope surely warrants a release given the rubbish that is being restored and released at premium prices?

Does anyone know about the availability of the film - possibly gain in the public domain....

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Many people will disagree with you that "rubbish" is "being restored and released at premium prices." There seems to be at least a small market for all the discs issued today.

United Artists films are controlled by MGM which is not the most proactive studio.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
where is the Ambassador's Daughter with John Forsythe? A United Artists film, in Cinemascope surely warrants a release given the rubbish that is being restored and released at premium prices?

While I would welcome a release of The Ambassador's Daughter, there are many who would consider it "rubbish" also. One man's "rubbish" is another man's jewel so I wouldn't be so quick to trash films that are of no interest to you.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
It's confusing referring to Olivia's "lost" films in the thread title. It's a specific, universally accepted term: a 'lost film' is one not known to exist in any form, in whole or in part, anywhere.

As far as I'm aware, none of Olivia's films are lost. A more accurate title would have been "Olivia de Havilland films unavailable on home video".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks