What's new

Trying for live tv on my Runco Projector (1 Viewer)

Ricrk Murphy

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
I am trying to hook up an hd antenna to my home theatre. I have a Runco projector and a Denon AVR-1506 receiver.
I have gotten rid of cable and purchased a digital converter box and a hd antenna.
I am getting audio but no video
Any suggestions?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What make & model converter box do you have? And how do you have the system components hooked up?

(The Denon doesn't have HDMI, so are you running HDMI directly to the projector? And if not, if you're trying to use the component connection, it may be that some part of your system won't allow the digital signal through as analog; possibly for DCMA reasons.)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
That converter only has composite video output, which will not provide a very good picture. (Composite: yellow; component: red/green/blue).

Anyway, it might be your cable, if it can't handle the frequency. If you want to stay with the composite connection, make sure all your composite cables are decent. I recommend a 75 ohm cable, just to make sure:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice102...=1493050617&sr=8-3&keywords=75+ohm+rca++cable
(If you have a red/blue/green cable set around, use that and pick a color; they carry more bandwidth.)

Also, and I probably should have started here: make sure you receiver is outputting over the composite, that might not be the default, and it might not auto-select. So if you're using "Aux 1" to route the video, go into the receiver setup and make sure that Aux1 is set to composite out. (And if you're running the video to the projector directly from the converter; then never mind).

If you want to go for the better picture, get something like this:
Along with a set of component cables.

Ricrk Murphy

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
Thanks,
I actually had that Converter waiting on my Amazon list but was waiting for some type of confirmation, which you gave me.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks Again

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I forgot to ask, does the Runco have component inputs? (Otherwise the new converter might be in vain.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks