What's new

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
We got word a few days that my ex's hubby has cancer. He's only in his 50's. Stage 4 liver cancer with a life expectation of only 6 months to a year. Heckuva nice guy, even if we butted heads a time or two. Truck driver in his 50's with what I assumed was a long life ahead of him. Up until last week, he talked to my son nightly on the phone and actually has acted like more of a parent to my kids than what my ex wife has. I know we avoid politics and religion here, but if y'all could slip a quick prayer for Ricky, it would be most appreciated.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've lifted a prayer for Ricky and his loved ones and for you as well Ron since you'll no doubt be helping your son through this. Hopefully Ricky shares your strong faith.

Cancer is a terrible thing that has touched virtually every one either directly or via a loved one. This and Alzheimer's are two things I pray will be eradicated. We all have to go sometime, but a healthy old age is preferable to suffering through either of those diseases.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Ron, I hope the humble prayers of this stranger halfway around the globe will help bring healing and strength to Ricky and his loved ones.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Prayers to the family.

Cancer is a terrible thing that has touched virtually every one either directly or via a loved one. This and Alzheimer's are two things I pray will be eradicated. We all have to go sometime, but a healthy old age is preferable to suffering through either of those diseases.

I'll probably end up with Alzheimers. It runs very deep in my family, for many generations.

My memory is already failing in significant ways. For example, the strangest thing I have noticed is the emotional component being completely absent in past memories, which previously were very intensely emotional for me.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I'm so very sorry. Cancer took both of my parents at the ages of 68 and 72. It's an evil killer.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Earlier this year I lost my dear friend and musical partner since 1980 to throat cancer. Cancer stops good people in their tracks and leaves those around them desperate, frustrated, and heartbroken. It's very cruel, but as Steve observed above, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. I'll take things one day at a time and try to appreciate life, love, and people while we're all still here. All the best to you and your family, Ron.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Earlier this year I lost my dear friend and musical partner since 1980 to throat cancer. Cancer stops good people in their tracks and leaves those around them desperate, frustrated, and heartbroken. It's very cruel, but as Steve observed above, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow. I'll take things one day at a time and try to appreciate life, love, and people while we're all still here. All the best to you and your family, Ron.

I'm very sorry for your loss, David. My condolences to you for what they're worth.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope his remaining time is filled with love and happiness. I can tell he is a good person from the strong feelings you have for him, whatever the circumstances. All good wishes to your family.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope his remaining time is filled with love and happiness. I can tell he is a good person from the strong feelings you have for him, whatever the circumstances. All good wishes to your family.
We butted heads for a while. My ex left the kids with me to be with him, and though it took me a bit, I realized he was actually stepping into a parenting role when they were down for a weekend visit. He's been known to jump the boys about respecting me and household rules. He's put my ex in her place before. I have grown to really like the guy, and he's played a part in getting my kids grown!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Prayers to the family.

I'll probably end up with Alzheimers. It runs very deep in my family, for many generations.

My memory is already failing in significant ways. For example, the strangest thing I have noticed is the emotional component being completely absent in past memories, which previously were very intensely emotional for me.

That's awful; hopefully you're experiencing normal aging vs something worse but regardless I'll pray for better health for you also.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
All of you suffering are in my thoughts and prayers. May you be granted the strength you need to find the peace you deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks