What's new

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I loved Kingsman: The Secret Service. Matthew Vaughn's follow-up hits theaters September 22nd, and I can't wait.

The trailer looks great.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I actually did not think the first film was too violent. In fact I thought the violence and much of the film hilariously made fun of so many films from the action genre and how they are made. So, I would not want the sequel to lose the crazed and hilarious satirical side of the original film.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The first one was better than the last three Bond films. And I thought the violence was appropriate for the tone of the film. Doubt they'll tone it down for the sequel. Expect more of everything.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep, I thought the over-the-top violence, and Colin Firth's deadpan dishing of it, was a big part of what made Kingsman so damned good. Looking forward to the sequel.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can not say you are making fun or parodying despicable things by showing despicable things. Showing direct real violence is not fun and I'm never going to try to get used to it or enjoy it. Especially in a movie that is supposed to be fun.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
There are so many movies that are "fun" that have ton of violence in them Deadpool as an example. It is part of the culture of movies these days. Look at how many hack and slash movies are out there it was only a mater of time before it made its way into "fun" movies.

I can't wait for the second movie! The first one was so well done.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You can not say you are making fun or parodying despicable things by showing despicable things. Showing direct real violence is not fun and I'm never going to try to get used to it or enjoy it. Especially in a movie that is supposed to be fun.
There is no real violence in Kingsman.

Obviously it's fake. Or did you just misspeak?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And it not even realistic violence. It's over the top cartoonish violence.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well then that film and this upcoming one isn't for you so I guess that's that.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I guess you didn't like Kick Ass, or Kill Bill 1&2, for that matter all Tarantino films, Deadpool etc..?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And I for one cannot stomach real violence of any type. However movie violence no matter how extreme has never bothered me. Simply because it is fake.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
IMO the church scene in the first movie was a bit much (although I liked the movie a lot overall). And I LOVE Kick-Ass and Deadpool and I enjoyed John Wick too. Go figure. . .

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
IMO the church scene in the first movie was a bit much (although I liked the movie a lot overall). And I LOVE Kick-Ass and Deadpool and I enjoyed John Wick too. Go figure. . .

That part was a bit much for me too. I figured I just didn't get it and have watched it again while trying to have a different mindset. It still bothers me. I had no problem with the rest of it and the found the head explosions funny too. I also like the John Wick movies and Deadpool.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The first one was way too violent. Lets hope this is better.

Well I know there's only been one film so far, but I would imagine the over the top violence would be a staple of a Kingsman film, and would not expect a sequel to be any different.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As great as Colin Firth was in the first one, I wish they hadn't brought him back. Sequels too often fall into the trap of repeating what worked in the previous film, when the best ones do something new equally successfully. The guy with the prosthetic arm seemed like a variation on Sofia Boutella's character with the prosthetic legs in the first film. I also get wary when sequels load up on big name American actors after a first film that benefited from solid unknowns.

So those are the things that give me pause in that trailer.

The biggest reason for optimism is that Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn wrote it, and Vaughn's back to direct it. This is not a Kick Ass 2 scenario. Loved the use of Sinatra in the trailer. And I really dig the sixties Bond meets Jack Daniels commercial aesthetic.

The only time we see Roxy is at the beginning with the new Arthur who apparently dies in the missile attack. I hope they don't kill her off to make room for all of the movie stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks