What's new

Need help finding a receiver or zone control combo that can do these things... (1 Viewer)

theroadwarrior

Auditioning
Real Name
devin chipman
asking for a friend who is trying to setup some speakers for various spots of his outdoor entertainment area

A. - 3 zones, a pair of speakers per zone 3 x 2 = 6 total...prefer be all stereo, dont need surround
B. - independent volume control of each zone, but same source material
C. - input from various sources and ability to switch, but of course it would be same source for all 3 zones at any given time

at this point not sure if will connect via wired or via some sort of wireless/bluetooth to the 3 zones... id assume the wireless/bluetooth option would be a diff component than the receiver... any recommendations on that as well?

thanks in advance!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The important thing is to get a receiver that handles digital inputs on all three zones. That and the 3 zones will put him into a higher end receiver, probably $900 - $1100 (but I not positive on that).

Wireless might actually be a positive, because getting all three zones powered could be another problem. But if he's going wireless, he'll want a pre-out for each zone. More than anything, he needs to get that requirement ironed out before he goes hunting.

theroadwarrior

Auditioning
Real Name
devin chipman
Yeah going powered speakers / wireless is what I'm talking him into, i think that will be the way he has to go.

His biggest concern is being able to have independent volume control of the 3 zones via 1 solution... so I'm looking for suggestions on what device can do that.

citywalker

Agent
Real Name
Marco
All real 9.1 receivers like denon x7200 can power 3 stereo zones independently. Not sure, is it possible wireless.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
http://www.sonos.com/en-us/home

If these speakers are going to be wireless then I assume they're not permanently installed. So I'd suggest looking at a dedicated wireless system that doesn't necessarily need a receiver, and can run from a smartphone or computer or whatever has his music..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks