What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The sun inevitably sets on the saga of Wolverine in James Mangold’s wonderfully touching and evenly-paced Logan.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
My hardest decision this weekend is whether to watch Unforgiven UHD or this first LOL.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
This was my first UHD purchase. I don't have a 4K set yet, I just wanted to get this now. I saw the movie in the theater in IMAX, but can't wait to see Logan Noir.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What a pleasant change of pace to include the Noir version in the initial UHD and Blu-Ray releases, instead of holding it for a double-dip down the road.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ok. So the noir version is just a black and white version of the film right?

Don't understand the appeal. I can just adjust any film to be black and white so what's the purpose?

Am I missing something?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ok. So the noir version is just a black and white version of the film right?

Don't understand the appeal. I can just adjust any film to be black and white so what's the purpose?

Am I missing something?

That's basically it. Director James Mangold claims that they carefully color timed the B&W version, and that if you simply turned the color off on your monitor, you wouldn't get the look that he intended. But since I haven't seen it yet, I'm not sure how much of that is hyperbole and how much is truth.

It's nice that it's included at no extra cost, and I'll probably check it out once. What I wasn't willing to do was purchase the B&W version of Mad Max: Fury Road -- for that release, the filmmakers released the 3D movie as a 2D-only black & white version as a double dip that had to be purchased separately. (This was clearly done as a double dip because the filmmakers had stated while the film was still in theaters that the B&W version was completed and would be included in the regular Blu-ray release, but I gather someone at Warner decided to hold off and cash in twice.)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just finished watching it. Looked awesome in 4K. Dolby Atmos great too. And the films not half bad either. :D

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So they didn't include the Deadpool opening short on any of the home disc releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks