What's new

You Only Live Once: more Fritz Lang On Blu-ray disc! (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
ClassicFlix have sent me a email saying that in mid-July they are releasing a Blu-ray disc of You Only Live Once.

You Only Live Once.jpg

This is an early contender for the label "film noir" which is today is grossly over-used. Directed by Fritz Lang and filmed by Leon Shamroy who provides a few deep focus shots, this film deserves to be better known.

I look forward to some informed opinions about the quality of this disc.

UPDATE: Moderators, I can't edit the title of this thread which has a major spelling problem. Please make the necessary amendment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the Image DVD of this film so I'm looking to upgrade, but I don't know about the PQ of Classicflix releases?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I have the Image DVD of this film so I'm looking to upgrade, but I don't know about the PQ of Classicflix releases?

I have the Classicflix blu ray of Another Man's Poison with Bette Davis and it's a vast improvement over the Image DVD. If You Only Live Once is as nice, I'll be quite happy. Also looking forward to Classicflix's blu ray of Boetticher's The Killer Is Loose which should also be a vast improvement over the MOD DVD.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I believe there was an Italian bluray of this film released a few years back, but it suffered from vertical stretching - everyone looked a bit tall and thin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks