What's new

Baywatch (2 Viewers)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Saw this film today. I like to spin positive if i can, but my conscience gets the best of me:

Frankly, I can't remember the last time i saw a theatrical release this bad, and I see about 130 a year. Terrible in every way. Not funny, stilted dialogue, ridiculous characters, dreadful SFX, zero plot coherence.

I like the Rock, really like him, and his presence helps not in the least. And that's starting from a generous "grade it as a fun summer popcorn movie not a work of art" basis. I'm stunned it has a 12% tomato rating right now. That's WAY too high.

19/1000.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing these vulgar "R" rated movies based on syrupy sweet old tv shows is just a phase. I really hope so anyway. First Chips, now this.

What was the problem with PG films like "Charlies Angels", Starsky, and Hutch", and "The Brady Bunch" ?

At least they stayed true to the core of what made the classic shows fun, and could be enjoyed with the whole family.

Beyond all the girls in bikinis, and what not-- Baywatch was about the sweetest message driven TV show in its day.
I won't be too surprised when the first trailer of "Kung Fu" launches it will probably be a red band, with Caine dropping curse words, and loaded with fart jokes.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Got talked into seeing it today and everything you heard is true.

One of the worst films I have seen in a few years and by far every one in the cast too.

Unfunny, stupid, moronic, dull, bad effects, sloppy action, lazy performance. Jeez......I can go on....and on......and on.......

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
popcorn.gif

I had been hoping THIS could make it worthwhile. Guess not.

alexandra-daddario-baywatch-comedy-movie-promos-2017-1.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
popcorn.gif

I had been hoping THIS could make it worthwhile. Guess not.

alexandra-daddario-baywatch-comedy-movie-promos-2017-1.jpg
That's the ONLY reason I went and she was wasted. She should have been front and center as the hottie but she was relegated to more of a second string bimbo. She's way hotter physically and career wise than the blonde who played CJ but apparently not to the writers/producers/director.

Shame.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I saw it a few weeks back. I'm an unabashed fan of the original TV series & knew what I was getting myself into. I felt like the film was trying to do everything: poke fun at the original while telling a light, action-oriented story LIKE an episode of the original, and generally be ridiculous because of the obvious demographic they judged would want to see the film.

So despite my "love" of the original series, I approached viewing it with the mindset that they were going to be making fun of it.

I wrote more about it here, if anyone cares to read it. All told, I enjoyed it for what it was, not for what I wished it would be. (Perhaps I'm too used to what Hollywood does to 70s-80s-90s TV properties now to set my expectations otherwise.) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks