What's new

UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE-----SUMMER OF 42 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I couldn't agree more. I saw Up the Down Staircase several times during its theatrical release because I had read the book and was such a fan of it. After seeing the movie, I could never read the book and not picture those fantastic actors in those parts. The movie was pretty perfectly cast, I think.

The current DVD is a pretty dirty transfer and will need some work that Warners may not want to pay for, but I certainly would love to have this in pristine condition.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I couldn't agree more. I saw Up the Down Staircase several times during its theatrical release because I had read the book and was such a fan of it. After seeing the movie, I could never read the book and not picture those fantastic actors in those parts. The movie was pretty perfectly cast, I think.

The current DVD is a pretty dirty transfer and will need some work that Warners may not want to pay for, but I certainly would love to have this in pristine condition.

There's even a pre-"Oh, Awrchie!" Jean Stapleton in a straight role. Good flick, and one of Dennis' better performances. There's a really decent HD master out there, but so far no rumors of a Blu-ray release.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks