What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 5-30-2017
WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– The Shack – 2017

full

full

– Scarlett Johansson (Ghost World – 2001)

Weekly RoundUp 5-30-2017

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Shack. Sheik.

Sheik. Shack.

Happy and safe shopping RoundUppers!

This week, I've pre-ordered The Shack (which I really liked in the theater) and the Blu of the London revival of Kiss Me Kate.

I will eventually pick up the two Valentino titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Always appreciate the links to reviews. I had one more you left off: The Paradine Case. It can be found here.

I'll eventually get the Valentino silents, too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up The Paradine Case this week. I probably shouldn't spend money like a drunken sailor for months straight so I'll cheap out and wait to get Ghost World during a sale.

Oh. And I don't know anything about Ghost World...except that its got a very young ScarJo in it. Good film?
It's probably my favorite comic book movie but it's not for everyone. These two girls are outsiders and they meet a middle aged weirdo (Steve Buscemi). It's one of those movies where some stuff happens rather than the characters having a goal to achieve.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike! I'll get Kiss Me Kate down the line, but not right now as the next couple of weeks have big releases that are more important to me in the immediate term.

Also, I would be getting the London revival of Oklahoma! immediately if I didn't already have the same thing from an older disc released by Imagine Entertainment. This is the London production starring a pre-Wolverine Hugh Jackman, and he's brilliant in it and the whole cast is terrific actually. I don't need it since I have it, but I'm glad to see Shout Factory restore it to availability. It's gotten expensive while out of print and deserves to be widely available. Any musical fan who doesn't have it, I highly encourage picking it up. It's fantastic.

MikeTV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I was part of the marketing team that marketed The Shack to black churches, denominations and fellowships. Got to spend some good time with the author of the movie, who is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. I LOVED "The Shack" and find just about every review of the movie I have read to be so incredibly off. Some people just don't get it, I guess.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Shack. Sheik.

Sheik. Shack.

Happy and safe shopping RoundUppers!

This week, I've pre-ordered The Shack (which I really liked in the theater) and the Blu of the London revival of Kiss Me Kate.

I will eventually pick up the two Valentino titles.

Thanks for the Round-up ...
Oprah%20and%20David%20Letterman.jpg

I will get the Sheiks at some point ... ;)

la-et-mn-keanu-reeves-cat-key-peele-20160425

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's probably my favorite comic book movie but it's not for everyone. These two girls are outsiders and they meet a middle aged weirdo (Steve Buscemi). It's one of those movies where some stuff happens rather than the characters having a goal to achieve.
One of the central conflicts being, if I recall correctly, that ScarJo's character is a little less of an outsider than Thora Birch's character.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nothing to purchase this week for me, Mike. Thank you as always.

The Shack is on my Redbox list for...sometime in the future. With the summer here, I expect my movie watching will decrease from its already pathetic level...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've had the The Paradine Case preordered for a while. It should arrive today. I'll also pick up One, Two, Three at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks