What's new

Abbott & Costello Meet The Monsters Poll (1 Viewer)

Who is your favorite "Abbott & Costello Meet" Monster?

• Count Dracula

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Frankenstein's Monster

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • The Invisible Man (1951 Portrayal)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Invisible Man (1948 Cameo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mummy

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • The Wolf Man

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
With the recent home video debut of ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET THE MUMMY (1955) in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio, I thought it a great time for a poll of the favorite Monster among the ones that appear in Bud and Lou's "Meet" films.

This poll will be open for 7 days.

CHEERS! :)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Tony,

Given how much love there is for a certain title, I feel there should be an auxiliary poll for second place

JeffT.

Screenwriter
eps59_abbottcostellofrankenstein.jpg

This is a very difficult poll to participate in that all of the powerhouse "monster" actors in ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) are so awesomely good. Including Vincent Price's brief albeit highly effective voice-over as the Invisible Man. It seems like an injustice to everyone who participated (ie. Lugosi, Chaney and Strange) in having to choose just one. They all deserve resounding accolades.

But ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) is by far the comedy duo's all-time best "Meet the Monsters" film to be sure.

abbott-and-costello-meet-frankenstein-promo.jpg

Jeff T.

;)

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I do hear your arguments regarding the difficulty of picking only one monster. However, I've seen plenty of similar polls in which several choices can be made, that have already been conducted. Thus, I've decided to keep this one unique in that respect. If this means some monsters get no votes, then so be it.

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I love the A&CMF film, too, definitely the best, but all the rest are fun, too. However, I had to go with my favourite furry monster, Lon Chaney's tragic Wolf Man.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My apologies for taking so long in acknowledging the final poll results!

Perhaps, not surprisingly, the main 3 monsters from ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948) captured the top 3 spots, with Frankenstein's Monster taking number 1 with a lightning bolt, garnering nearly 43 percent of the vote, and The Wolf Man grabbed 2nd place, finishing a couple of shaves ahead of Count Dracula.

For me, the biggest surprise was that The Mummy actually got a couple of votes, tying Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde for 4th place.

Any fears of the 1948 and 1951 versions of The Invisible Man splitting the vote were allayed by their shared dubious distinction of remaining "invisible" throughout the voting process! ;)

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated! :thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I voted for the Wolf Man. One scene from that film cracks me up every time I see and hear it.

Larry Talbot: I know you'll think I'm crazy, but in a half an hour the moon will rise and I'll turn into a wolf.

Wilbur: You and twenty million other guys.

Larry Talbot: [slamming Wilbur into a locker with Chick going in behind him] Listen! I might tear you limb from limb!

Wilbur: [turning to Chick in the locker] Is that serious?

Chick Young: He'll murder ya!

Wilbur: [turns to Talbot] That's serious.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My favorite is Frankenstein

My least is Jekyll/Hyde

But I love them all!:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics