What's new

Need advice on a large screen (75+) (1 Viewer)

Ron S

Stunt Coordinator
Sooo, my 82" Mitsubishi LED is finally dying. It was a good set for the price, but it has ruined me in terms of tv size. It sits in a large well lit room, and now needs to be replaced. What are my options? I can spend the money for a good display. Is the new 86" LG any good? I've read there are banding issues. Sony? Help! :)

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I have yet to see the 86" LG in person yet. I'm going to have the same problem when I got to replace mine in a couple years.

Sony 850D (85") - It looks really good when I have looked at it in better light conditions (neg, no Dolby Vision)
Sony Z9D (100") - I have heard people call it one of the best TVs ever (neg $60K, upgrade coming for Dolby Vision)
Samsung JU7100 (85") - low end of their TVs (neg No QLED, No Dolby Vision)

Samsung used to have a high end 88" TV but it was curved and I don't see it on their site. The LG 86" should be the best solution but I have not talked to anyone that has one or even has seen one.

I believe we may see a few more models maybe but for the most part 75" - 77" seems to where they stop making them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks