What's new

International The Films of Yuriy Norshteyn Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
img01-jpg.314849

Great news for fans of animation... I just received the Japanese steelbook of The Films of Yuriy Norshteyn. Beautiful package. It has a nice booklet (all in Japanese but with a few nice pictures) and a set of three art cards of sketches of the characters. I haven't watched it yet, but I'll report back when I get a chance. Inside is a brochure that announces a blu-ray release of Karel Zeman's Invention for Disaster (Fabulous World of Jules Verne) and Baron Prasil (Baron Munchausen) so the Czech blu-ray isn't going to be the only release of those two movies.

The films are in Russian with English and Japanese subtitles. I can't read the titles because the packaging is all in Japanese, but it includes six films... 25th October the First Day (1968), The Battle of Kerzhenets (1971), The Fox and the Hare (1973), The Heron and the Crane (1974), Hedgehog in the Fog (1975), and Tale of Tales (1979).

The transfers on the old DVD were very soft- not at all like seeing them on film. I can't wait to see these in HD. They're visually amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks