What's new

Display for digital signage (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm looking for a display for digital signage that will serve as a welcome sign and schedule for my employer's daily events and activities. The source content will be 1080p still images/graphics via Rise Vision. However there aren't many choices of 1080p displays at 60 inches and above; the vast majority are 4K. I'm not opposed to 4K in general, but knowing most of the content will be scaled up from 1080p makes me leary of it. Am I right to think I should just go with a 1080p 60" display even though I only have a few choices (or maybe just one) of them?

EDIT: On the commercial market there seem to be more options for 1080p displays, but at about twice the cost (though there's a longer warranty because of the high use nature of signage).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Unless I misunderstanding what you need -- if it's just going to be basic text announcement with simple backgrounds I'd get a cheap Vizio, a clearance/open box, or even a used Sony/LG that's in good shape . Something not prone to burn in I'm not sure what 4K is going to offer. I sse a couple $600-700 new sets 60+in/1080p LED, some refurb/open box even cheaper.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If it's not upscaled, then the image will occupy a smaller area in the screen, which isn't ideal either.

In any case, we decided to go with the 65" 1080p commercial series display intended for signage.

I may be wrong, but isn’t the upscaling a menu option?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks