What's new

American Crime Story - S2 - The Assassination of Gianni Versace (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
000258295.jpg

http://ew.com/tv/the-assassination-...story-photos/edgar-ramirez-as-gianni-versace/

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Spoilers! You might think I'm joking but I'm not! We don't know all what happened! I don't! :D

Intersetingly this was supposed to be season 3 but it's now the next season, season 2 to be aired. Katrina is not next.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
'Assassination'? That's a little bit of an overstatement. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that he was shot by some maniac but it's not like we're talking about Lincoln or Kennedy or King here. To steal a joke from Chris Rock, school will be open on his birthday.

So it's only an "assassination" if it's a political figure?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Spoilers! You might think I'm joking but I'm not! We don't know all what happened! I don't! :D

Intersetingly this was supposed to be season 3 but it's now the next season, season 2 to be aired. Katrina is not next.

I'm cool with that, because I didn't see Katrina fitting in the series. I'd like to see it bumped back again, behind Bill and Monica. Or start another "American" show, American Disaster Story or something. But IMO, Katrina just doesn't fit the mold.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just watched the first episode. It was amazing with great music. Penélope Cruz and Ricky Martin are also excellent.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The part where Cunanan is seeing news footage that Versace is dead and he covers his mouth to make it look like he's concerned but you can see he's actually smiling was really creepy.

I liked the 1990's detail of him drinking Jolt Cola too.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And the lady with the photo going to the blood spot.

The part where Cunanan is seeing news footage that Versace is dead and he covers his mouth to make it look like he's concerned but you can see he's actually smiling was really creepy.
That was great acting, he was acting with his eyes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
On the DVR, looks interesting.

How can these posts date back to June 2017?

I've got episode one recorded, says it's "new", dated 1-17-18 (I like to record series like this and do a binge watch).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On the DVR, looks interesting.

How can these posts date back to June 2017?

I've got episode one recorded, says it's "new", dated 1-17-18 (I like to record series like this and do a binge watch).

What does this mean?

Anyway. First show was really good.
I think the poeple who put the blood on the paper were the same people that asked for his autograph and he declined, "Not today".

Stan

Senior HTF Member
What does this mean?

Anyway. First show was really good.
I think the poeple who put the blood on the paper were the same people that asked for his autograph and he declined, "Not today".
Simply commenting that a "new" show has posts that are seven months old. Not that it matters, I've never seen it so it's new to me. :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Great first episode. Really solid, confident directing from Ryan Murphy. The sequence with Darren Criss running to truck was particularly great (three shots if I recall, each shorter than the last, ending on a still inside the truck). Good use of music. Fantastic lighting really drawing out the textures of the set, props, and costumes.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Simply commenting that a "new" show has posts that are seven months old. Not that it matters, I've never seen it so it's new to me. :)
Nothing new. For most movies threads start years in advance. To make a show it takes months, years of work. We know and talk about them well in advance.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw episode 2. I think the editing is a little off. They should have showed episode 2 as 1 and 1 as 2. Build up the tension a little in episode 1 and show the murder in episode 2. Or even later depending on what they are doing. If it's going to be all and mostly flashbacks, they should have showed it in the last episode. This is different than the OJ story. That was all about what happened after. I don't know much about the Versace story but if this is about what happened before, they should show the murder at the last episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks