What's new

Pre-Order Maurice (1987) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I enjoy Shakespeare and most of the film adaptations I have seen of his work. I admire Tennessee Williams and like most of his filmed works also. But I find the films of Merchant Ivory difficult to sit through. They're beautifully composed and have terrific performances and lush musical scores. However, I find them often interminable. Actively disliking THE BOSTONIANS and ROOM WITH A VIEW (I know, heresy!), there has never since been a moment when I had any desire to revisit them.

After expending some effort, however, I grew to like HOWARD'S END and REMAINS OF THE DAY following multiple viewings, but for the most part these parlor room, upstairs/downstairs, British soap opera plots do not attract me. Many are gorgeous to look, but still have me checking my watch every five minutes. MAURICE...don't know. Haven't seen it. I've no doubt M/I were true to the E.M. Forster novel with their screenplay, but, although I enjoy High Grant, this is not a film I will be anxious to buy.

Still, I maintain an open mind and will read reviews of both the film and the story it tells, and might eventually be compelled to at least rent it.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
How beautiful slipcover for the upcoming Japanese edition of Maurice:

91Tcdy0QSuL._SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member