What's new

How did you decide on your HT's name? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A lot of people name their HTs, so I was wondering how they came up with the name.

So, share with the rest of us.

Mine is "The Nutshell". I'll explain later, unless anyone has a guess. Hint: It IS a movie/drama reference.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
IMG_0142.JPG
"Catfisch Cinema"

A merger of last name and in honor of our cats.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I live in Eagle's Rest development and am an Eagle scout myself. An Aerie is "a large nest of a bird of prey, especially an eagle, typically built high in a tree or on a cliff." Mine just happens to be in a basement =)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Since I only have an unofficial home theater, it only unofficially has a name. Its a joke coming from my wife's amusing dislike for this particular combination of our names: Joshica Cinema 1. (I sometimes joke that it's now 1.5 because it's not the original screen.) When she says she doesn't like it, I say I'm open for suggestion, but we've never seriously tossed names around. If we ever get a house, we'd probably name it. She's a much better editor than I am, and one day I'd love for her to edit us some custom "coming soon" and "feature presentation" videos to play before the movie when guests are over. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I bought three custom intros from Balleyweg for $30. (And because he only uses the stereo audio, I then merged in the full surround sound audio to further improve them).
http://ballyweg.net/

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Had lots of windows facing south, and a pool table at the time. Also, I have my residence and theater in the south (Southern Tennessee) and have a nice screen to look at. All put together-"Southern Cue 'n Vu"

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Used to call ours "The Enormodome". Got the name from Spinal Tap.

:)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I found a place that does custom marquees. So I simply used my last name and the word Regal after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks