What's new

Dukes of Hazzard (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I bought the series season sets on the flipper discs. Was it ever re released on single side discs before WB ceased production?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
They were re-released in 2015 in canada, albeit still as double-sided flipper discs for seasons 2, 3, and 6. (They're $10 a pop at some local Wallyworlds).

Single-sided discs versions of seasons 2, 3, and 6 don't appear to exist, unless you can get one of the rare Netflix-exclusive versions.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I wouldn't waste any time/money on the 2015 re-released versions of seasons 2, 3 and 6 of Dukes of Hazzard. Apparently the initial batch was defective, where the discs have an ifpi code of KKNX

(Some copies of the 1990s era Superman cartoon complete series dvd set where all the double-sided flipper discs have an ifpi code of KKNX, turned out to also be defective).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmm ....

The american Warner let all the dvd sets go out-of-print already?

Looking through amazon, it appears the Dukes of Hazzard dvd season sets are still in-print and widely available.

(Though I have no idea whether any of the current amazon stock consists of the severely defective double-sided flipper discs with ifpi code KKNX).

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Why is The Dukes of Hazzard not okay, but Smokey and the Bandit is okay?

Why is The Dukes of Hazzard not okay, but the episodes of Knight Rider, where they prominently featured the Confederate Flag, is okay? What is Warner Bros. afraid of? Somebody, anybody, please answer this question.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yeah, Crazy Cooter is concerned about this state of affairs. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath to get the full set on Bluray.

I have all of the seasons on DVD when they first came out and only had one defective disc (I think Season 6 but I can't remember). It was replaced quickly and promptly.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I guess I shouldn't hold my breath to get the full set on Bluray.

(Hypothetically).

At this point I don't have much hope in seeing seasons 2, 3, and 6 as single-sided discs.

Though if Warner Archive (or outsourced to somebody else) ever releases it on bluray, most likely they will be 4 (or 5) single-sided discs bluray seasons sets. (I'm not betting on this happening anytime soon).

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Why is The Dukes of Hazzard not okay, but Smokey and the Bandit is okay?

Why is The Dukes of Hazzard not okay, but the episodes of Knight Rider, where they prominently featured the Confederate Flag, is okay? What is Warner Bros. afraid of? Somebody, anybody, please answer this question.
I'd say that it's because, for whatever reasons, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD ended up with a PC target on its back, and the other shows didn't. Of course, that could change on the turn of a dime, so to speak!

CHEERS! :)

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
Dukes of Hazzard was dropped by TV Land because of the confederate flag iconography and Warner Bros. stopped licensing replicas of the General Lee with the flag on them. But the DVDs are not and were never out of print. There was a brief run on them, leading to out-of-stock statuses at online retailers and inflated prices in secondary markets, because some paranoid nitwits believed what Fox News told them. But that's it. If anything, the Confederate flag made Warner Bros. some extra coin off of gullible Dukes hoarders. Capitalism!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Stephen, let's keep politics out of this, otherwise this thread will get locked.

Which is why it's best to not even bring up touchstones like the confederate flag issue.

Let's drop all that as it will lead to a thread closure.

Everything will be fine if we just stay on topic and discuss the release of the series itself.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks