Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

They Live by Night Blu-ray Review
theylivebynighttop2-1024x792.jpg

Emphasizing its tragic romance rather than its bleak film noir facets, Nicholas Ray’s They Live by Night is one of the very best youth-on-the-run films ever made.

[review]

Last edited:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the great write up, Matt! I was eager for this title and now only more so.

Thanks again!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon is now selling this great film on Criterion Blu-ray for $15.90 which is quite a deal.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In regard to Cathy O'Donnell, she wasn't a beautiful woman nor particularly pretty, but I always had a crush on her. She had great eyes and the softness of her voice was something that always stayed with me while watching her in different film roles during my teenage years. She was only around 46 or 47 when she died, but it's a shame she didn't achieve greater stardom with more film roles. One of my favorite underrated actresses. Also, Helen Craig was great in this film and it's too bad she didn't have more film roles. Eileen Brennan always reminded me of her.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In regard to Cathy O'Donnell, she wasn't a beautiful woman nor particularly pretty, but I always had a crush on her. She had great eyes and the softness of her voice was something that always stayed with me while watching her in different film roles during my teenage years. She was only around 46 or 47 when she died, but it's a shame she didn't achieve greater stardom with more film roles. One of my favorite underrated actresses. Also, Helen Craig was great in this film and it's too bad she didn't have more film roles. Eileen Brennan always reminded me of her.

I've always liked Cathy O'Donnell but in truth I know her from only a few films. I regret she didn't make more. I didn't know she had died so young. She deserved better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks