What's new

The Foreigner (2017) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

A humble businessman with a buried past seeks justice when his daughter is killed in an act of terrorism. A cat-and-mouse conflict ensues with a government official, whose past may hold clues to the killers' identities.

Director: Martin Campbell
Writers: David Marconi (screenplay by), Stephen Leather (based on the novel "The Chinaman" by)
Stars: Katie Leung, Jackie Chan, Rufus Jones

IMDb

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They showed this trailer before The Dark Tower which I haven't seen before so now I'm interested in this film.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I cannot remember which film I saw this in front of. Possibly Valerian. It looked like it might be worth a watch.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm in for this one as well. The trailer looks great, and the premise sounds intriguing.

I haven't been much of a movie-goer the last few years, I enjoy watching them at home much better.
The exception has been the Star Wars/Star Trek franchises.

I'm told the book it is based on is pretty good, so I'll probably read that after I see the movie.

1260992.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dude.....Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American please.

:D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Early reviews are very good. 80% currently at RT with 10 reviews.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see it, but after having to deal with a douchebag at a theatrical viewing of Blade Runner 2049 I'm starting to think I would rather watch films at home. I'm really beginning to dislike being around people. The ratio of assholes in the general population seems to be increasing at an ever greater rate.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
On Colbert, Jackie Chan said this has no Ha Ha funny moments. It's all drama and serious.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw it, thanks Moviepass, and I liked it.

Not a ton of action or even fights but more of a political thriller revenge story.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I saw this yesterday and liked it. If you're looking for a typical "Jackie Chan Film", this isn't it.
Not as much action as, say First Blood, but it is a good revenge story, and I liked it better than Taken.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just got back from viewing this. I liked it very much. Some action, well choreographed and it still looks like Jackie is doing them. I liked the revenge story angle and Jackie was very good. I happily recommend this film.

As someone else said, "Thanks, MoviePass!"

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing really new or unique as far as the story goes; however, it was well done. The pacing could have been a little quicker, but not by much.. I thought Jackie Chan's acting was a bit of a weak spot outside of the action scenes, but he was still able to pull those off when it was required. He is still in pretty good shape, considering he is 63.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Really liked this. I liked the tone of the movie and how they avoided to do any comedic moments in the fights as Jackie Chan usually does.

Great music. Loved the music and how it accompanied the movie.

I have some questions/issues with the movie.

SPOILERS:

At a very long length of the movie when Jackie Chan is fighting and hurting people, he and us have no idea if they have done anything. Also I was uneasy that he was doing the same thing (Putting bombs) that killed his daughter.

Pierce Brosnan ordered some bombs that wouldn't kill people. The same thing that Jackie Chan character was doing. So, suddenly he kills 2 people? Didn't make sense. Why kill his wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks