What's new

FBI investigating Kaspersky: Russians arrest Kaspersky analyst (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Without getting into politics, this article reads like an international version of:

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight

vs.

The Keystone Cops

:)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Nowdays I mostly use the default Microsoft Windows Defender for av purposes. Once in a while I may run the free semi-daily version of mcafee stinger, for a second opinion.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What little I know about Windows these days, the Win10 Defender seems sufficient for any normal person. And for abnormal people, nothing will protect them.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If I was paranoid enough, I would be running windows10 inside a virtual machine on linux or one of the bsds (ie. freebsd, openbsd, etc ....).

If I had to, I would also be running things through tor. (For most generic stuff, tor is overkill).

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I like Avira. Always high level protection in all area's, and German made.

And it is not a resource hog.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
For Windows, the built in Windows Defender (or whatever they're calling it nowadays) is more than sufficient when paired with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. For Mac, I never recommend antivirus software.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Ive seen defender miss things on a scan that a proper AV or Spyware program find, so no thanks.

I actually run my personal laptop at home with it only, because I know what I am doing. But the wife and relatives get full blow load ups, because they are click happy. All depends on the person. But, if I am paying, like I said, I like Avira. There are two web sites that do AV testing, and only a few score up top all the time.

I used to run the free stuff, but AVG and Avast are resource hogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks