What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Slither (2006)-- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
James Gunn's Slither, arriving on Blu-ray from Universal, via Shout Factory, is terrific, fun drive-in fare. But it's perfectly acceptable to view it in a home theater setting.

I can't recall how many films have begun with the premise of a meteorite or whatever, falling to earth, and unleashing some alien life-form that places a small (usually southern) town in jeopardy.

This one rise above most that have tried that formula.

Universal has delivered a quality master for the Blu-ray, and all is well. Audio is DTS-HD MA 5.1, with a nice spread to it.

This is not the film with which to sip an '82 Petrus. Go for a nice local brew, sit back, and enjoy. Unless alien creatures have landed in your neighborhood, this one's a safe bet.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

4k Up-rez - 4.75

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, the BLOB is one of the best of that genre. It gave the rise to some not very tall blonde actor that the audiences would love in the future!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Well, the BLOB is one of the best of that genre. It gave the rise to some not very tall blonde actor that the audiences would love in the future!

Aeons ago, I was visiting a friend who, not only had one of the miniature sets, but a large amount of the original blob...

Into which, I was able to put my arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks