What's new

Pre-Order Close Encounters of the Third Kind Gift Set (4k UHD/Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

I gave a "Likes" to Mr. Epstein, himself, for keeping us current.
And I give a "Likes" towards the encouraging news that another classic has arrived in 4K.
But make no mistakes here, I can not support and do not like the $75.00 price tag; which, IMHO, may actually hurt and hinder the 4K movement. Yes, its a multiple version boxed-set. But still, it might behoove us all were this 4K title made available as a single version disc, as well.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If the extras are literally just on a second blu-ray disc they might as well just sell the three cuts (only of one which is really necessary and it ain't the theatrical) on their own. Either way I'm expecting a bazillion complaints about this release not looking "pristine". Its inevitable.

Reactions: PMF

babsdude

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
They would have to include some new and amazing bonus items for me to double-dip on this one.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Double-Dipping on a Native 4K disc is okay with me.
After all, isn't the availability of Native 4K the very thing we've all been hankering for, to begin with?:welcome:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
But make no mistakes here, I can not support and do not like the $75.00 price tag; which, IMHO, may actually hurt and hinder the 4K movement. Yes, its a multiple version boxed-set. But still, it might behoove us all were this 4K title made available as a single version disc, as well.

I will gladly pay that price. If Sony has a reverse decision and decide to release a single disc only(one version) they lose a sale.

Reactions: PMF

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Such a classic movie. I recall the first time I watched it on the ABC Sunday Night Movie out in our Family room sitting on the floor in front of our CRT cabinet TV. I was nine years old at the time. On any rate, with Sony (and perhaps Spielberg?) involved I suspect an outstanding 4K transfer. Looking forward to this. I never imagined at that time one day I will be watching this at 124" on a front projector at home.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I will gladly pay that price. If Sony has a reverse decision and decide to release a single disc only(one version) they lose a sale.
I'm for the options of both a single disc, along with the triple versions, as well; as this particular title has set its precedence with all 3 versions being made available from times before. Be certain, I am not suggesting that this release should deny those who want the whole kit and caboodle.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm surprised it doesn't come packaged in a plastic Devil's Tower replica.

Who am I kidding, I'd probably want that version if it did.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Doesn't say if all three cuts got the 4k pass or not. Not like I care. The version I watch most is the 1998 DC so no biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks