What's new

The Paper (1994) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I am nervous about this wave of Universal catalogs. The retail pricing makes me think these are BDR discs. Their Vault Series going blu.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
BDR discs aren't cost effective like DVD-R. There isn't a single Warner Archive blu-ray title on BD-R media, for instance.

These may be small press-run, but almost certainly still pressed/replicated media.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what happened with this release? Any new date? Any news at all?

Ron, any industry contacts that might know what is going on with 'The Paper'?

Mark

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Does anyone know what happened with this release? Any new date? Any news at all?

Ron, any industry contacts that might know what is going on with 'The Paper'?

Mark
All the Universal releases for September (The Paper, Fletch Lives, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, etc) disappeared from Amazon and can't be found (my pre-order of DMDWP still shows as being delivered today but the link to the actual product is gone).

Two possibilities IMO:

1- Cancelled, just like The Core, The Skulls and several other releases announced earlier by Universal.
2- Amazon jumped the gun on pre-orders, and these are actually Wal-Mart or Best Buy Exclusives. None of them have showed up on WM or BB yet, so I'm leaning towards cancelled.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All the Universal releases for September (The Paper, Fletch Lives, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, etc) disappeared from Amazon and can't be found (my pre-order of DMDWP still shows as being delivered today but the link to the actual product is gone).

Two possibilities IMO:

1- Cancelled, just like The Core, The Skulls and several other releases announced earlier by Universal.
2- Amazon jumped the gun on pre-orders, and these are actually Wal-Mart or Best Buy Exclusives. None of them have showed up on WM or BB yet, so I'm leaning towards cancelled.
Yeah, I've been monitoring other retailers and none of those titles are showing up.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
ALL of Universal's September releases CANCELLED?

Could this be the result of orders from Universal's head office to move away from physical media, perhaps? I don't mean to be alarmist, but it just seems too weird to me, otherwise!

I do hope that this isn't the case!

CHEERS! :)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I picked up the DVD of The Paper earlier this year because it seemed to be a forgotten movie and I thought "well this will never make it to blu and the DVD will go out of print." I'm glad I have the DVD, would buy this one on Blu if possible. This could still be a BB exclusive. I remember getting Sneakers as a BB exclusive a few years ago.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
ALL of Universal's September releases CANCELLED?

Could this be the result of orders from Universal's head office to move away from physical media, perhaps? I don't mean to be alarmist, but it just seems too weird to me, otherwise!

I do hope that this isn't the case!

CHEERS! :)
Just "catalog" titles:

The Paper
Fletch Lives
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
The Skulls
For Richer, For Poorer

The Psycho Collection is still available (Sept 12 release date) via Best Buy as it's a Best Buy Exclusive.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The catalog titles will more than likely wind up as a Wal-Mart exclusive
Not necessarily, it could be Best Buy too like For the Love of the Game, Problem Child, The Babe and a few other Universal titles coming out on October 10th at Amazon, but earlier came out in August as Best Buy exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks