What's new

Freebie and the Bean (1974)- coming from WAC (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
FREEBIE AND THE BEAN (1974)
New 1080p HD remaster
BD50
Director: Richard Rush
Cast: James Caan, Alan Arkin, Loretta Swit, Valerie Harper
16 x 9 LETTERBOX-Aspect Ratio 2.40
DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO-2.0 MONO
ENGLISH SDH
Original Theatrical Trailer (Remastered in HD)

What cops in their right minds would arrest a big-time racketeer on an indecent exposure charge because he zipped up his fly? The answer is none. The answer’s also Freebie Waters and Benito “Bean” Vasquez, who are assuredly not in their right minds.

James Caan and Academy Award®-winner* Alan Arkin are Freebie and Bean, mismatched San Francisco cops who bird-dog a notorious mobster like they’re auditioning for a demolition derby, cutting loose with bullets and wisecracks all the way. Directed by Richard Rush (The Stunt Man), this rough-and-ready early buddy-cop caper follows in the skid marks of Bullitt and The French Connection — but it’s a burning-rubber classic itself, with four major chase scenes and more than 100 car crashes. Fully loaded with humor and firepower, Freebie and the Bean is one beloved smash hit.

FB_IMG_1500598145596.jpg

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
It sure would be nice if they would put out one classic 1950s (or earlier) title each time (they have so many). I'm sure this month's stuff is fine for some people but not this oldie. Plus I was hoping for an MGM Elvis title for August.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm a big fan of this one and I believe this was the first MOD DVD I purchased from the Archive. Glad to get the upgrade on blu-ray.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very excited for this. A fun movie that takes you back to the days when you could be politically incorrect!!! A day 1 purchase as I am a big fan of Alan Arkin.
Thank you WAC!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks