What's new

Girl's Trip (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This film will be dismissed quickly as a "women can be raunchy too.." genre, but here is the thing: when it works, this is a film that had more genuine ridiculous laughs in it for me than any other comedy I can think of this year. Yes, there are a lot of crude and over the top jokes, but in between beats the characters build up enough of their own being to represent fully realized roles rather than just stand ins for terrible things.

In comparison to the other film of the same make (Rough Night), Girl's Trip comedy has a far higher "hit" rate, and when it pays off it really pays off.

We've went down this road before, like I mentioned, with Rough Night and Bad Moms; but Girl's Trip is a far superior film to either of those offerings. Regina Hall nails her role and the characters are enjoyable. When the set piece jokes are working they paid off for me, at least.

Solid B to B+

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Certainly based on discussion, not the cup of tea of everyone on HTF, but on track to be one of the more profitable films this summer, with a solid second weekend hold versus a low production cost.

https://deadline.com/2017/07/atomic...movie-weekend-box-office-openings-1202138047/

This weekend it will bring in more than new releases "Atomic Blond" and thanks to solid day by day, it's now more than doubled the earning of "Valerian"

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yeah it's gotten decent feedback but not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks