What's new

Walking Dead Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Previous Threads:
Season 8 Comic-Con Art:
TheWalkingDead_S08_001.jpg
(From left to right: Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier, Lennie James as Morgan Jones, Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon, Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes, Katelyn Nacon as Enid, Christian Serratos as Rosita Espinosa, Alanna Masterson as Tara Chambler, Danai Gurira as Michonne, Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes, Ross Marquand as Aaron, Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene, Tom Payne as Paul "Jesus" Rovia, Shiva, Xander Berkeley as Gregory, Khary Payton as King Ezekiel, Pollyanna McIntosh as Jadis, Josh McDermitt as Eugene Porter, Steven Ogg as Simon, Austin Amelio as Dwight, Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan)

Season 8 Comic-Con Trailer:

Katelyn Nacon, Steven Ogg, and Pollyanna McIntosh promoted to series regulars for Season 8

First Look at Daryl and Carol
First Look at Rick and Maggie

Stuntman John Bernecker dies on set of "The Walking Dead" after narrowly missing padding for stunt involving 22-foot fall
Scott Gimple's statement at the beginning of the Comic-Con panel:
TheWalkingDead_S08_002.jpg

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
That was a cool commercial. I can't imagine they've shot that many episodes so it looks like there should be quite a bit of action this season.

What the hell is with Old Man Rick?

You obviously missed the reveal from the show creator after the finale last year. He did several magazine interviews and revealed it would follow the comics for one of the biggest events, the FLASH FORWARD. One of the most well known recent uses of this was when Lost did it, to great buzz and fanfare.

What you will NOT see is long drawn out battles, it will open with a bang, a winner take all one and done type of deal. Then it skips ahead several years to show every life of the characters we all know with some development of them in a way we have not seen since the prison. It's what Rick had always hoped for, to reestablish a small society and for it to grow. It sort of gets the Old Man Logan treatment.

Also, he revealed what happens with at least one of the major characters:

Michone leaves Rick to join the all female group. She is tired and just wants away from it all. He did not say how much her character will be in the show this year or if she will re-join the group.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
You obviously missed the reveal from the show creator after the finale last year. He did several magazine interviews and revealed it would follow the comics for one of the biggest events, the FLASH FORWARD. One of the most well known recent uses of this was when Lost did it, to great buzz and fanfare.

What you will NOT see is long drawn out battles, it will open with a bang, a winner take all one and done type of deal. Then it skips ahead several years to show every life of the characters we all know with some development of them in a way we have not seen since the prison. It's what Rick had always hoped for, to reestablish a small society and for it to grow. It sort of gets the Old Man Logan treatment.

Michone leaves Rick to join the all female group. She is tired and just wants away from it all. He did not say how much her character will be in the show this year or if she will re-join the group.
Barely even remember "Lost". Started out so well then went downhill, similar to "Heroes". Hopefully TWD can pull it off.

Loved the series "Flashforward" :P But it sadly faded away much to early.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I've added spoilers to your post so as not to ruin the show for others. I'd like to read that interview because I can't believe that they have planned that much (especially since it deviates largely from the comics) or that they'd just start talking about it in public.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
The “All Out War” storyline that has just been introduced in the show has been going on in the source material for years, and is followed by an enormous time jump.

In the comics, Alexandria begins a new civilisation whilst Rick adopts a new look, compromising of that very same grey beard and shorter hair.

As well as physical similarities, fans will also notice that Rick in the trailer has a walking stick.

This has been well known and established as I have posted already and therefore not even close to a surprise twist or reveal. They are not deviating from the comics on this one, as it establishes not just the rest of the season but maybe even the entire show.

Also, the information about the character is nothing new, only the person leaving since we know who they changed that's still alive from the comics already.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This has been well known and established as I have posted already and therefore not even close to a surprise twist or reveal. They are not deviating from the comics on this one, as it establishes not just the rest of the season but maybe even the entire show.

Also, the information about the character is nothing new, only the person leaving since we know who they changed that's still alive from the comics already.
Unless someone doesn't read the comics then you've spoiled it for them. The rule at HTF has always been that if it hasn't aired, it gets spoiler tags.

Also, where does that quote come from? It reads like an article from a website rather than a quote from someone who works on the show. Whether they stick to the comics or not, I still can't believe that anyone on the show would just lay out their plans publicly.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

Shouldn't this entire post be spoilerized? Definitely didn't want to hear all that.

Real Name
Jeff Hutchison
I'm a relatively new fan of TWD. I binged seasons 1 thru 6 at the beginning of this year on Netflix while recording all of season 7 on my DVR. I never thought I'd like a show about zombies, but I gave it a try after so many people I know raved about it. I was hooked in no time. After binging 7 seasons in a span of about 4 months, the wait for season 8 is killing me.

Just curious. Does anyone else find themselves rooting for Neegan like I do?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wow! Neegan is the major reason that I have almost stopped watching the show. I am going to give it one or two more episodes, and if he is not killed off -- hopefully in the most painful way, I am finished.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Wow! Neegan is the major reason that I have almost stopped watching the show. I am going to give it one or two more episodes, and if he is not killed off -- hopefully in the most painful way, I am finished.

There's a reason for that Cain we see in the trailer. Let's just say Old Man Logan treatment.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Right there with you. Catching up on some old episodes I missed. Negan's a horrible person, ruined the show, yet they seem to have made him the central character and he's back for the new season. I'm also almost finished.

Their guns are gone, but why can't somebody sneak up behind him and slit his throat and take out that awful Dwight at the same time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I finished Season 7, but will lurk through Season 8. I came to tolerate Negan as the episodes went on, and came to see him as a catalyzing agent for the protagonists, more than anything, not a real character. If they ever take the route of delving into his back story, I don't think I'd really give a rip.

"Catalysis (/kəˈtælɪsɪs/) is the increase in the rate of a chemical reaction due to the participation of an additional substance called a catalyst (/ˈkætəlɪst/), which is not consumed in the catalyzed reaction and can continue to act repeatedly. Often only tiny amounts of catalyst are required in principle."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The show is back tonight.
Just a heads-up to those who record the show: AMC has been marathoning the previous seasons this weekend ahead of the Season 8 premiere, and when they retitle episodes with additional scenes and/or behind-the-scenes commentary, it triggered false positives on my DVR.

And conversely, for whatever reason, it incorrectly flagged the actual season premiere as a repeat, so I had to manually set it to record.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads-up to those who record the show: AMC has been marathoning the previous seasons this weekend ahead of the Season 8 premiere, and when they retitle episodes with additional scenes and/or behind-the-scenes commentary, it triggered false positives on my DVR.

And conversely, for whatever reason, it incorrectly flagged the actual season premiere as a repeat, so I had to manually set it to record.
I've had to manually set up every single episode of this marathon cycle to record. With DISH I usually just pick "All" and they record. Something goofy with TWD, just picks one episode at a time. Really ticked that they also seemed to have bypassed the "Terminus" episodes, not sure how much was skipped, but they weren't there. One brief scene at the end of an episode with Denise Crosby, then it jumped 5-6 episodes.

Oh well, someday I'll get it on disc, uncut, no commercials.

Hoping the new season goes well. Can't stand Negan or Dwight, maybe somebody will finally get rid of them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pleasantly surprised that this premiere was close to a normal length episode. Lots of forward momentum.

I do think Scott M. Gimple gets a bit overindulgent with the non-linear episode structuring. I hope FutureRick™ with happy Michonne, Carl and Judith is a real flashforward, but the soft way they lit it makes me think it might be a dream or a fantasy.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I am still confused about "FutureRick". I would .like to think that is his own vision of a happy future, and what he strives to accomplish in all the hard work of surviving a zombie apocalypse/maniac management---I don't think it is a legitimate flash forward.

I enjoyed the episode, and this show still has me hooked. Big question....why didn't Rick just blow away Negan when he was in the middle of his routine badmouthing? Hopefully to make the payoff more epic.
Whatever happens, I will be looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks