What's new

Sony STRA-Z1100ES front channel lowering (1 Viewer)

Hawthorne IS

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Hawthorne
I am having some difficulty finding out the answer to this, and Sony's installer hotline has been too busy to get through to the last couple of days - I can't be on hold for hours at a time.

So my deal is I have a client who wants this AVR because of the front channel lowering feature - his wife wants in-wall speakers, and there really is no place for a center channel speaker unless I put it in the ceiling. SOny claims this AVR has an option to make it sound like ceiling speakers are coming from the screen, but they also claim it doesn't work with Dolby PLIIx, PLII or NEO:6. Well, what does that leave? And does that mean it won't work at all in those modes (which makes it somewhat useless in a lot of cases), or that the sound is out of spec for those modes and still works, but can't have the official designation? My choices are to put the LCRs in the ceiling or have no center at all, and I am not really happy with doing a phantom center. So is the ceiling mount option going to be too much of a compromise, or does it actually work well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks