What's new

The Flash - season 4 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread

"The Flash" will return Tuesday, October 10th at 8/7c, with the scarlet speedster still trapped inside the Speed Force.

Britne Oldford will reprise her role as villainous metahuman Peek-a-Boo in the season premiere. Jessica Camacho will recur throughout the season as Gypsy.

New Casting:
  • Neil Sandilands as Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker: "After being caught in the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became an extremely intelligent meta-human. A super genius who’s plans to fix all he sees wrong with humanity."
  • Kim Engelbrecht as The Mechanic: "An extremely intelligent engineer who will design devices for Clifford Devoe. Basically, Devoe’s right hand. She’ll support Devoe no matter the consequences."
  • Danny Trejo as Breacher: The most feared of Earth-19's interdimensional bounty hunters, he also happens to be Gypsy's father.
  • Aliza Vellani
Comic-Con 2017 Video:

TVLine Cast Interview from Comic-Con

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
As I read about the new casting for the various sci-fi shows, I keep thinking that the shows do not suffer because of the existing cast. I'd like to see some regeneration among the writers and show runners.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm curious. Is Julian still around??? I thought he finally became an integral part of Team Flash and he still loves Caitlin. As I said, just curious.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious. Is Julian still around??? I thought he finally became an integral part of Team Flash and he still loves Caitlin. As I said, just curious.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Tom Felton will not be returning as a series regular next season. He might appear again as a guest star down the road if the story calls for it and his schedule permits it.

In other news, Jessica Camacho just signed on as a series regular for the second season of "Taken", so we'll probably get less Gypsy in the upcoming season than the writers had originally intended.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
With Elongated Man, as long as they don't do anything with refrigerators, I'm okay - keep him light.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
With Elongated Man on the horizon, can Plastic Man be far behind? He would add a HUGE comedy relief role to the show, especially since JR is gone.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't have anything to add on the show itself...but I went to NovaCon last weekend and attended the "panel" discussion with John Wesley Shipp. He comes across as a super nice guy, very open to and interested in the fans, great and taking and answering questions. He shows great enthusiasm for the show and the cast.

He would say nothing about what's coming this season. But he said that the writers read twitter and "if you want it, twitter it".

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Can't wait. I didn't care much for the Julian character so if he doesn't show up I'm fine with that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The 2017-18 crossover event will be entitled “Crisis on Earth-X”. Unlike last year's crossover, which only featured a brief scene at the tail-end of the "Supergirl" episode, which was then mostly repeated on "The Flash", this will be a true four-way crossover telling one story over four episodes on two nights.

"Last year, it was like, you know, Flash showed up on 'Supergirl' and then it was an episode of 'The Flash', an episode of 'Arrow', and an episode of 'Legends'," Stephen Amell told audiences at the Salt Lake Comic Con. "But this year is just a four-hour movie."

The crossover will kick off on "Supergirl" on Monday, November 27th at 8/7c. The story will segue into an episode of "Arrow" airing immediately after, on a special night and time (Monday, November 27th at 9/8c). The action will pick up on "The Flash" the following night (Tuesday, November 28th at 8/7c) and conclude with "Legends of Tomorrow" (Tuesday, November 28th at 9/8c).

While heroes from the four CW shows are gathered for the wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West, the Reichsmen from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda. Earth-X, which will be featured in the upcoming animated CW Seed series "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", is another Earth where Nazi Germany won World War II. Between Earth-1 and Earth-38 in the multiverse, it features twisted doppelgangers of heroes from both Earths. These include Overgirl (a doppelganger of Supergirl), Blitzen (a doppelganger of The Flash) and a dark doppelganger of Green Arrow. Joining the side of good will be a new superhero, The Ray, played by Russell Tovey, who will also voice the character in the animated series.

“We conceived this year’s crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids,” said executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg in a statement.

Comic artist Phil Jimenez created a faux-comic book cover poster for the crossover:
dctv-crossover_2017_fall_001-jpg.40690

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved this season premiere. The build-up to the Flash's return was done well, taking the time to establish the team's new normal. And then, when the Flash did return, the payoff was worth the wait. I'm so happy that Barry's shaken off the mopes and rediscovered the fun of being the Fastest Man Alive.

My one complaint — and it’s a big one — is that we’re back to the Caitlin Snow/Killer dichotomy when the season finale promised us Caitlin Frost. Caitlin Frost was interesting, Caitlin Frost was something new. This feels like more of the same, in a manner that negates her arc over the previous season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't think we know the full story about Caitlin yet.

Definitely a weird return for The Flash with his writing all those symbols which appear to not have meant anything profound.

I don't understand how the samurai android was returned to those people at the end. I think that was the Thinker there, though I was thinking it could have been Metron of the New Gods. Just why he wanted The Flash to return is another question.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I thought this episode was ok. Everything was solved too quickly. I thought for sure it would take at least a few episodes to get him out of the speed force and all it takes to break him from his nuttiness is to say "Iris is in danger"? It seemed way too convenient. I can't help but feel there have to be some after effects from being in the speed force.

Oh, and how come Kid Flash isn't in the Crisis on Earth-X poster?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The premiere was fun, and I was glad it didn't take half the season to get Barry back in action. The preview for next week looks like they are turning up the fun aspect, which is always a positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks