Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Title: Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Tagline: Real Heroes. Not Actual Size

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Peyton Reed

Cast: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Peña, Walton Goggins, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, T.I., David Dastmalchian, Hannah John-Kamen, Abby Ryder Fortson, Randall Park, Michelle Pfeiffer, Laurence Fishburne, Michael Douglas, Divian Ladwa, Goran Kostić, Rob Archer, Sean Kleier, Benjamin Byron Davis, Michael Cerveris, Riann Steele, Dax Griffin, Hayley Lovitt, Langston Fishburne, RaeLynn Bratten, Madeleine McGraw, Tim Heidecker, Stan Lee, Charles Justo, Brian Huskey, Suehyla El-Attar, Julia Vera, Jessica Winther, Norwood J. Cheek Jr., Bryan Lugo, Darcy Shean, Torrey Vogel, Simon Potter, Jon Wurster, Tom Scharpling, Virginia Hamilton, Natasha Zouves, Mika Kubo, Joshua Mikel, Ronald Joe Vasquez, Chris Gann, Sergio Briones, Denney Pierce, Vanessa Ross, Zachary Culbertson, Steven Wiig, Timothy Carr, Sawyer Jones, Rick Richardson, Benjamin Weaver, Jamel Chambers, Jennifer Black, Sandra Dee Richardson, Tahseen Ghauri, Dale Liner, John Ozuna, Marcella Bragio, Sophia Marcs, William W. Barbour, Kevin Carscallen, Seth McCracken

Release: 2018-07-04

Runtime: 118

Plot: As Scott Lang balances being both a superhero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside the Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.

IMG_2898.JPG
I don't think there is a thread for this yet. The follow-up to Peyton Reed's Ant-Man hits theaters next July.

Michelle Pfieffer has been cast as Janet Van Dyne, the wife of Hank Pym, who has been lost in the quantum realm.

Also cast for the film:

Hannah John-Kamen as The Ghost
Walton Goggins as Sonny Burck
Lawrence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster (aka Goliath)

Peyton Reed returns to direct

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Do you think the concept art is depicting two "Wasps" in action (Hope and Janet), or is that just Hope being depicted twice?

My bet would be that both Hope and Janet act as Wasps at some point in the film.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Concept art poster from Comic Con
I like that Scott's daughter and Luis made the cut for the floating heads.

Janet disappeared in 1987, when she would have been in her late thirties or early forties, so I've got to believe that Pfieffer's casting means we're going to see a present day Janet.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I like that Scott's daughter and Luis made the cut for the floating heads.

Janet disappeared in 1987, when she would have been in her late thirties or early forties, so I've got to believe that Pfieffer's casting means we're going to see a present day Janet.

Yeah, I definitely expect that they will rescue her from the quantum realm.

But as far as the concept art, after looking at it some more I think it is just depicting Wasp going from small to big and back to small. So I don't think it is giving a clue about Janet "suiting up". But I do expect her to be part of the present day story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Marvel Press Release said:
Marvel Studios' 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Begins Production

Marvel Studios announced today that production has begun on Ant-Man and The Wasp, starring Paul Rudd (Captain America: Civil War, The Fundamentals of Caring), Evangeline Lilly (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Lost), Michael Peña (The Martian, Fury) and Academy Award® winner Michael Douglas (Behind the Candelabra, Wall Street), who all return to the roles they originated in the 2015 box office hit Ant-Man. Bobby Cannavale (Vinyl, Chef), Judy Greer (War for the Planet of the Apes, Wilson), Abby Ryder Fortson (Togetherness, Transparent), Tip “T.I.” Harris (Sleepless, Get Hard) and David Dastmalchian (Twin Peaks, The Belko Experiment) also reprise their supporting roles.

The highly-anticipated follow-up welcomes Academy Award® nominees Michelle Pfeiffer (The Wizard of Lies, upcoming Murder on the Orient Express) and Laurence Fishburne (John Wick: Chapter 2, The Matrix), along with Hannah John-Kamen (Black Mirror, Ready Player One), Walton Goggins (Vice Principals, Six) and Randall Park (Veep, Fresh Off the Boat) to the ensemble cast.

Ant-Man director Peyton Reed (Yes Man, The Break-Up) returns to helm Marvel Studios’ action-adventure from a screenplay by Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers, Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari, and Paul Rudd. The film, which opens in U.S. theaters on July 6, 2018, will be filmed in Atlanta and San Francisco.

From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink: Ant-Man and The Wasp. In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang (Rudd) grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne (Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas) with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their past.

Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and The Wasp is produced by Kevin Feige with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard, Charles Newirth and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

The director’s creative brain trust includes Academy Award®-nominated director of photography Dante Spinotti (“L.A. Confidential”), production designer Shepherd Frankel (Ant-Man), costume designer Louise Frogley (Spider-Man: Homecoming), visuals effects supervisor Stephane Ceretti (Doctor Strange) and seven-time Academy Award® nominee, special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (Captain America: Civil War).

New logo (click to enlarge):
AntManAndTheWasp_760.jpg

Confirmed Returning Cast:
  • Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
  • Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne/The Wasp
  • Michael Douglas as Dr. Hank Pym
  • Michael Peña as Luis
  • Bobby Cannavale as Paxton
  • Judy Greer as Maggie
  • Abby Ryder Fortson as Cassie Lang
  • Tip “T.I.” Harris as Dave
Confirmed New Cast:
  • Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne
  • Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster
  • Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost
  • Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
  • Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch
Now In Production video:

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ant-Man and the Wasp completed principal photography yesterday:
MrPeytonReed-tweet-201711190.jpg

Is Rudd writing again?
Paul Rudd and Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari wrote the script from a story by Paul Rudd and Adam McKay.

Barrer & Ferrari were in the mix of screenwriters reshaping the script of the first one during production after Edgar Wright departed the project, but the WGA didn't grant them a credit.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks